• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Nitron F15

Akios = shite since the Shuttle. Full stop. I wouldn't touch the Nitron or any of 'their' FS reels with my money
Shuttle was good as brass side plate many of the others have Ali side plates couple that with spindle bend/flex the side plates flex allowing all to wobble/wave/burn spools on cast= Rubbish

Yep Omoto (the manufacturer) did a good job with the Shuttle if round baitcaster derivatives are your thing ie field casting or clean beach fishing. The rest of the Akios branded stuff I've seen, serviced and used has been shite imo. It comes down to specifications vs cost vs profit margin of course!

Akios = shite since the Shuttle. Full stop. I wouldn't touch the Nitron or any of 'their' FS reels with my money
i find it great.tope to 19lb on this reel ive upgraded to ceramic abec 9s, and a decent handle.the spindle center is 6mm which stands upto heavy ground..the penn 525 and 15 fathom need shiming from new some of them the spool on my kept scoring against the body..

Glad you found a good one boodog but I ll place a bet with you right now that my mk1 525s are still going strong long after any Nitron that sees similar use/abuse has been binned. Wait till you look for spares....and I don't mean spools or generic bearings etc

Shuttle was good as brass side plate many of the others have Ali side plates couple that with spindle bend/flex the side plates flex allowing all to wobble/wave/burn spools on cast= Rubbish
nitron is just another change of direction looks differant..i have a 656 PMR custom built. and an str kuro but i take the nitro it is what it is..penn 525 i gave away spool kept rubbimg on the body..tight lines?

Glad you found a good one boodog but I ll place a bet with you right now that my mk1 525s are still going strong long after any Nitron that sees similar use/abuse has been binned. Wait till you look for spares....and I don't mean spools or generic bearings etc
i binned my 525 the spool kept scoring against the body..the 6mm spindle on the nitron does help its not as my 656 pmr ceramic..but thats a differant ball game..tight lines.?

i find it great.tope to 19lb on this reel ive upgraded to ceramic abec 9s, and a decent handle.the spindle center is 6mm which stands upto heavy ground..the penn 525 and 15 fathom need shiming from new some of them the spool on my kept scoring against the body..
That's Amusing as I've 4 525 USA's 3 535 mag USA's. 2 Shimano Speedmaster 11C&FS.Two Fathom 15's.Four Fathom 12's.Had ABU 10'000.and 65's of various breeds But the one reel apart from PMR/Phooka Ma Reel! trash parts is Akios 656mm3 which the spool rubs on cage when casting as just Toffee(Soft at that)spindles shite and Side plates made from flat alloy which just flexes as press down to hold spool on cast! So reel stinks like on fire!
Best part of Reel is Mono mag love that one which has just given me an idea!!! Cannibalisation time going to use on F12.
Cage being one piece is ok and spool as straight sided rest just crap over priced at that.

Bring your bits down to beach and let's see how good?
Reel below is525 USA Super Mag Extra but running custom mono mag on Ceramics with 350m of .35 line "No Rubbing" spool on that.
Mind none of my Fathoms do either so not sure what your doing to them? As ive or many i know never had to Change/shim a reel.

Attachments

• 20211227_183101.jpg
    20211227_183101.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 3
I think the point is that the Nitron out of the box has issues and as you say you then have to add a handle and that makes it more expensive than all the other brands....... I just dont see this as reasonable.
I personally like the penn fathom 2 and the daiwa range and just cant see why you would buy a nitron when the other reels are available.
I still believe that akios made an interesting reel that fit nicely into a gap in the UK market, lets hope they try again and nail it.

Back