• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

No fish

Bream from Yarmouth Pier if you can do long distance. Squid strip best.

That's second hand information, I haven't been up there and seen it done.

It has to be better this year, surely???????

Could easily miss the fish in 3 hours at the wrong time . Get back down on a later tide maybe . Better than being in traffic for 3 hours anyway like I was other day lol

The fishing can't be worse than last year can it Ian ?? I fished the last 3 hours of the in coming tide, I will probly wait for a later tide like you suggest had1lost2,ideally a tide about 11pm,or one just before dawn

Bad luck mate, keep at it! As you say, definitely worth trying other times of day and tide states.

I am so busy at the moment Wolf that I've got out of touch with beach fishing. I've had a couple of short sessions at Totland and Fort Vic but blanked.
Reports of bream and smuts but not in numbers.
Tides are improving soon (so hoping to get the roof on my workshop, 6 week wait for tiles so far but promised for Monday), and then a few decent 5 hour sessions off the beach and test the water so to speak.
A friend wants a boat trip next week so I might go out and hunt around in a few likely looking holes for some bream, he we be focused on smoothies.

I'm looking at a Lowrance sounder/fishfinder and battery pack to make things a bit easier on my little boat. I just need to buy it and get the mountings done.

Just one job after another, then another, and another......

I put them on the way I've always done ,& caught with them,it's just annoying that I used up 3 packs & no fish,send some fish my way Ian,tight lines for when you do get out mste

I have always found that fresh lug is best for bream/plaice/sole etc etc. Sandeels for bass, skate, doggies etc.

I used Sandeel because I can't dig for worm at the mo ,due to back problems,other wise I would have used lug
the fish are patchy at the moment,feast or famine,you will catch them,give it time.

Back