• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West No7

Phis

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Back out today lovely morning by the time I got to the bay just getting light, decent swell running. Used the usual frozen baits. Things looked quite promising however it turned out to be a bit of a slog a few little nibbles not turning into anything, about half an hour before I packed up I pulled a small whiting in so saved the blank. Up till leaving the chap I was fishing with hadn't got anything. I'll give it another go on Tuesday ??

Nice to get out...what were you targeting?

Avoided the blank though Phis. Daytime doesn't seem to be anywhere near as productive as dark, unless I dare say it is rough and coloured.
They don't seem keen to come into the bays, we found the same elsewhere in daylight.

Tuesday looks a bit more blowy.

Keep trying mate! Least you got out and didn't blank!

Nice blank saver mate, well done ? the more you get out there the more you will learn, in fact, you never stop learning in this game!

Avoided the blank though Phis. Daytime doesn't seem to be anywhere near as productive as dark, unless I dare say it is rough and coloured.
They don't seem keen to come into the bays, we found the same elsewhere in daylight.

Tuesday looks a bit more blowy.
Agree with that it fishes better after a blow and some colour in the water the swell died off shortly after we started which didn't help ?

Nice blank saver mate, well done ? the more you get out there the more you will learn, in fact, you never stop learning in this game!
Too true every attempt is different but I'm really enjoying getting out as often as I can it's great that the missus still works 3 days a week ??

Have you thought of trying the flat rock at Balcary bit of a trek but can be quite productive this time of year
Bert( old yin)

Have you thought of trying the flat rock at Balcary bit of a trek but can be quite productive this time of year
Bert( old yin)
Often then I think of the trek Old yin did it years back in my youth I think that's why I gave up fishing and only took it back up again when I retired ? but seriously I am considering trying to have a look over there at some point ?

To be fair it is pot luck. Such a well known mark, fishers travel from all over to fish it at all times.

Back