• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West North Coast Grockle report

The Third Earl

Reaction score
Had a few sessions from cliff mark off Port Qiinn, sea has quite a bit of Maybloom , no mackies showing at all, had some stonking wrasse on mussell , down the sides into boulder jumbles .
Fishing bottom baits further out had the usual doggies , but hook snoods are being nipped off , I suspect Spiders ?
I upped snood strength to 50 lbs , still had doggies AND snoods still getting nipped off.
I have 3 more days yet, but feel there will be no better prospects , I may pop down to Meva on Wed , SWMBO likes it there and I may lob a string of feathers out and be accused of being a Mackie thrasher ???
Tomorrow I may even try floatfishing a sandeel in the Camel for a wayward bass . I have had them before at this time of year so can hope ?

So far I have avoided a blank, this cannot go on for ever ???

??

Good little report Dave. Sounds like you have had a good break down in our South West! Good luck with your last 3 days! ????

Well… Today was a waste of time, the sea looked quite good but not a nibble , I fished the tide up from 10 till 2 without a sniff . Still if the fish arent there you cannot catch em .

Speaking to one of the charter skippers, it seems as though things have been rather quiet all over on the north coast , he had had 2 mackies in four days on mackie bashing trips , but said that the pollack were showing over the reefs, nothing big but good sport.

So Minstrel, I am joining you on the bass (-neg) front . I am going to console myself by dribbling over piccies of past catches .???

Dave

Back