• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Norway

Norwayfisher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Hello guy's
I've just taken over a fishing trip from a friend of mine as he's too ill to go it's for two weeks on an island called Seiland as far as I can understand it's a island very near to Soroya you have to get a ferry to the island as I think I'm right on saying there are very few cars on the island and the only way in is by ferry.
So what he has booked is a house right down by the shore he had booked two weeks with a boat at our disposal at the moment there is myself and my mate going I have speaking to a guide that I got hold of, and he said in September is a really great time for Halibut & cod, and he said to me that he would give me some marks to try.
He booked the holiday with a holiday company called Campaya on the paperwork I have it gave me the owners telephone number so I gave him a ring and told him it would be flying into Hammerfest . There is only a ferry about four times a week and I said to him how do we get from the airport to the ferry and he turned around and told me he would pick us up with his own boat.
Making a lot of the info I have found regarding Hammerfest there are not too many flights I've had a look today and it's about £300 for the flight so if Norway opens up the flights I think I'm going to take the trip it's somewhere I haven't been before.
If anyone is interested I am needing another two guys to go as the house sleeps four so if anyone would like to go I can send you further details I think it's going to a good trip with Halibut.
Norwayfisher.

I’ve been to Skjervoy to the North of Norway, just inside the arctic circle. Believe it or not the best time for cod is June/July. We went in August and just missed the best of the cod. The halibut fishing was amazing though. My biggest was 88lb. But one of our group had one to 240lb which measured just shy of 3 meters.
You'll enjoy the trip immensely I’m sure.
39E78244-C341-4112-B84A-034C91E961FD.jpeg

I’ve been to Skjervoy to the North of Norway, just inside the arctic circle. Believe it or not the best time for cod is June/July. We went in August and just missed the best of the cod. The halibut fishing was amazing though. My biggest was 88lb. But one of our group had one to 240lb which measured just shy of 3 meters.
You'll enjoy the trip immensely I’m sure.
View attachment 9927
That’s a great fish, are they fairly numerous or did you get lucky on your trip?

That’s a great fish, are they fairly numerous or did you get lucky on your trip?
Thanks Jon, very nice of you to say.
Halibut are quite a common fish there, but catching them is not easy. Some are proper monsters too, mine was a relative tiddler compared to some of the daddies.

Back