• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Nothing to get excited about

Ianpick

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I had a 5.5 hour session off of Bouldner Forest a couple of miles east of Yarmouth on the Solent today getting on the water at about 9am. What a view from half a mile offshore, strikingly beautiful.
Also along for the day was my mate Mike in his own boat.

I really need to get my gear sorted to fit in one box and one bucket, plus the anchor bucket, rather than the five I took today.
One box was emptied into another as soon as I started fishing and one bucket remained unused for the whole trip. Get a grip FFS.

Baits taken were: bluey, mackeral, frozen razor clams, blanched razor clams and squid.

The first part of the session saw me catching 3 doggies and Mike catching SFA.
We had a change of position part way through and the rest of the session ended Mike 4 doggies me SFA.

More of a day out on the water than a fishing trip but a good time was had. The late March sunshine was surprisingly strong, and my forehead is feeling a bit tight right now.

I have had a carburator problem which I have fixed and my boat went really well.
The swell picked up a bit on high when we packed it in and the run back was interesting, almost uncomfortable, but I have learned how my boat can handle a fairly lumpy sea at speed.

Squid won hands down as the bait. The other stuff will come into its own as and when but today the squid done it.

Nice day for it Ian! Good report and at least you both caught, so no blank. Thanks for the write up! ??

I had a 5.5 hour session off of Bouldner Forest a couple of miles east of Yarmouth on the Solent today getting on the water at about 9am. What a view from half a mile offshore, strikingly beautiful.
Also along for the day was my mate Mike in his own boat.

I really need to get my gear sorted to fit in one box and one bucket, plus the anchor bucket, rather than the five I took today.
One box was emptied into another as soon as I started fishing and one bucket remained unused for the whole trip. Get a grip FFS.

Baits taken were: bluey, mackeral, frozen razor clams, blanched razor clams and squid.

The first part of the session saw me catching 3 doggies and Mike catching SFA.
We had a change of position part way through and the rest of the session ended Mike 4 doggies me SFA.

More of a day out on the water than a fishing trip but a good time was had. The late March sunshine was surprisingly strong, and my forehead is feeling a bit tight right now.

I have had a carburator problem which I have fixed and my boat went really well.
The swell picked up a bit on high when we packed it in and the run back was interesting, almost uncomfortable, but I have learned how my boat can handle a fairly lumpy sea at speed.

Squid won hands down as the bait. The other stuff will come into its own as and when but today the squid done it.
Well done sounds like you had a good day out
tight lines
Espadon

Back