• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Competition October Competition - You Chance to Win A Penn 525 Mag4

Mike

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
TSF October Competitions

TSF Competitions are only open to Members, Membership is FREE and you can sign up here.

Each month we hold two competitions.

1) Best poster of the month, this is the poster with the most amount of posts during the calendar month.
2) Most referrers of the month, this is the member who has recruited the most amount of members to the forum within the calendar month.

October Competition

We've teamed up with our friends over at Prime Angling to bring you the prizes for this months competition.

The winner of either competition will win a newly released Penn 525 Mag4 Reel, worth £160!

031324176652.jpg

Prize Breakdown
  • Winner of the Best Poster of the Month will receive one Penn 525 Mag4 Reel.
  • Winner of the Most Referrers of the Month will receive one Penn 525 Mag4 Reel.
How the competitions are calculated

Best poster of the month

This is calculated based on the total amount of posts that a poster has made on the post during the month. These numbers are calculated automatically. The top poster stats are shown on the Forum List page Sidebar.

Most referrers of the month

This is calculated based on the number of members who have signed up using your referral links. You can generate your referral link by going to the Referral Contest Page, it is also displayed at the top of the Forum List page. You can copy this URL and send it to any of your friends who you think would like to join the forum. When they sign up and post once on the forum, you will be accredited the referral and it will be added to your monthly account. Also, if you share a thread or post using the social sharing links on each post and this leads to a member registering and posting, you will get also get a referral point.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Great prize, I'd best get recruiting!

There will be another prize next month so...if you don’t win this month, there is always next month ;)

That much!!! Business must be good.

The prize for most referrals makes perfect sense and is something that is useful for the forum as it increases membership, however, the prize for the person that makes the most posts just detracts from the forum as it means that you get people posting completely worthless posts. I'm not having a go at anyone here but if I decided that I wanted to try and make the most posts in a month then I could simply go onto every thread and just post one or two words, such as agree, great post, well done etc. Just doing this four or five times a day, as well as any other 'normal' posts I might make, would be completely pointless but it would certainly put me in the running for the 'most posts in a month' prize.

Surely there must be a better criteria that can be used for giving out a prize.

The prize for most referrals makes perfect sense and is something that is useful for the forum as it increases membership, however, the prize for the person that makes the most posts just detracts from the forum as it means that you get people posting completely worthless posts. I'm not having a go at anyone here but if I decided that I wanted to try and make the most posts in a month then I could simply go onto every thread and just post one or two words, such as agree, great post, well done etc. Just doing this four or five times a day, as well as any other 'normal' posts I might make, would be completely pointless but it would certainly put me in the running for the 'most posts in a month' prize.

Surely there must be a better criteria that can be used for giving out a prize.
I was thinking the same, so many none fishing posts will put people off.
I would rather see more catch reports or technical threads to increase the amount of content on the forum so that a guest will join coz of the info and reports of what happening on the beach or technical info.

I have always been a heavier poster, because it's my passion, Hobbie and FB in one.

I love reports and reporting.

I agree with you chaps, but I had limited time to get something out this month. So went for the easy option.

Good quality thread/reports are where this competition needs to go, but, what is and what isn't a good report is subjective and not something that I want to say "yeah, that's a good report, here is some gear" what it needs is some kind of democratic voting system to help highlight the best reports. Something like the thread within the main forums which has the most likes or something during the month is the post of the month.

The technicals of this are something we'll work on over the course of the month to try and have something more suitable in place for November.

I agree with you chaps, but I had limited time to get something out this month. So went for the easy option.

Good quality thread/reports are where this competition needs to go, but, what is and what isn't a good report is subjective and not something that I want to say "yeah, that's a good report, here is some gear" what it needs is some kind of democratic voting system to help highlight the best reports. Something like the thread within the main forums which has the most likes or something during the month is the post of the month.

The technicals of this are something we'll work on over the course of the month to try and have something more suitable in place for November.
It must be hard to choose , and sure something will come along.

I would rather do some quality reports , pick up the great catch reports , to see that my reports are going in the right direction , interact with members and attract as many views as possible, which can only do good for TSF

It is totally amazing the kindness to offer such rewards. But will look forward to November to see much more reports, I do appreciate that it's only been a week, but wow it's fone so well in a short time

I understand completely and as Mukiwa has said above, you have done an amazing job to get this up and running to where it is in such a short amount of time. No criticism was meant by my post, it was just a suggestion for future improvement.

I understand completely and as Mukiwa has said above, you have done an amazing job to get this up and running to where it is in such a short amount of time. No criticism was meant by my post, it was just a suggestion for future improvement.
Thank you for bringing it up mate.

however, the prize for the person that makes the most posts just detracts from the forum as it means that you get people posting completely worthless posts. I'm not having a go at anyone here but if I decided that I wanted to try and make the most posts in a month then I could simply go onto every thread and just post one or two words, such as agree, great post, well done etc
I joined a forum 19 years ago & there was literally 100's of members that used to just put a smile face on every post.
So they had 100's of posts but no comments.

I joined a forum 19 years ago & there was literally 100's of members that used to just put a smile face on every post.
So they had 100's of posts but no comments.
that's aweful,

Sure it will all work out in the end.

Back