• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Organising a Competition?

How about an eliminator, 50 tags 50 spots picked at random from a bag. One rod one hour to land a catch, blank you're eliminated. I know it might seem cruel but it could get pretty frantic folks having fun for a good cause. From boat charge extra per tag but thats per person on the boat, boat might be an advantage but same applies everyone on the boat must land within the hour or the whole boat is eliminated. You'd need to make the prize money pretty attractive culminating in a final fish off boat V shore where one catch is needed within an hour to secure the prize.

Referees on shore and on boat. A deep water pier or harbour would suit to maximise time fishing say 8 hours if possible. All catch and release barbless hooks event and the organizers supply the bait so everyone gets the same. 10 percent of the proceeds as prize money would be fair. My wife organizes Marie Curie quizes in her work, healthy competiton for a good cause and honestly people are happy to pay to play.

I would say that making sure the rules are understood and adheared to is one of the most important aspects.
Some years ago I was involved in a large regional competition , the rules stated that anybody caught weighing in an undersized fish would have his entire catch disqualified from his team and personal weight .That meant in effect that any angler weighing in undersized fish was disqualified from the comptetition and imo quite rightly so.
At the weigh in one very successful match angler was discovered to have 3 undersized fish in his otherwise match winning bag. He was disqualified and there was an uproar from him and his team who always made the top 2 places in any match . We stuck to our guns and the team came 4 th and out of the prizes . They refused to compete ever again in our comps .

Dave
lol down here someone tried to weigh in a recently defrosted bass!!

lol down here someone tried to weigh in a recently defrosted bass!!
Do you remember this?

Further information:

The competition will be held on the 17th July. 9am to 4pm. Beaches, Beesands, Slapton, Hallsands. Boat from the Mew Stone to Blackstone Rock.

In support of Devon Air Ambulance, Tickets around £10pp.

Rules and regulations to be confirmed but it will be catch and release optional.

Would anyone be interested in taking part or be prepared to act as a steward?

Further information:

The competition will be held on the 17th July. 9am to 4pm. Beaches, Beesands, Slapton, Hallsands. Boat from the Mew Stone to Blackstone Rock.

Rules and regulations to be confirmed but it will be catch and release optional.

Pity it is to far away otherwise I would be interested, good luck with the comp. There was a squid comp at Brighton Marina over the weekend and raised £400 + for the RNLI.

Further information:

Well done Kai - good cause too. Not sure where I'll be at that point as we are planning a month away. Not really well enough to fish a comp like that anyway, but if I am about, might pop out that way to see how folks are doing. (y)(y)

Back