• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Out on Thursday ... I hope

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Well have plans for a trip out on Thursday . Weather looks good and the sea condition should be OK so I am hoping that I am up to it because tomorrow I get my second vaccination. I had no problems with the first dose so am hoping the second is no different. Have plans for fishing four rods a mix of ledgering, float and bottom fishing and will be taking my lure rod as well... hope I am going to be busy :ROFLMAO: The tide will be ebbing when I get there so it will be interesting to see what the sea bed looks like. I will then fish it up and back a little before I make my curfew beating rush home before 9pm.

Trying out at a place called Erromardie there is a beach there where a bit of surfing goes as well as the usual holiday sun worshiping but if you head down the beach in the direction of St Jean de Luz there is a nice quiet spot near the end which I think has a sandy bottom thought I would try a bit of bait fishing there together with lobbing a lure . If that is not doing much I might go to the breakwater at St Jean de Luz and try out there with bottom fished bait and possibly floating baits. The problem with not actually being near the area is you do not know what the F you are going to find when you get there... last time there was a heavy swell made fishing lures difficult they were almost back on the beach before you had a chance to fish them :ROFLMAO:

Trying out at a place called Erromardie there is a beach there where a bit of surfing goes as well as the usual holiday sun worshiping but if you head down the beach in the direction of St Jean de Luz there is a nice quiet spot near the end which I think has a sandy bottom thought I would try a bit of bait fishing there together with lobbing a lure . If that is not doing much I might go to the breakwater at St Jean de Luz and try out there with bottom fished bait and possibly floating baits. The problem with not actually being near the area is you do not know what the F you are going to find when you get there... last time there was a heavy swell made fishing lures difficult they were almost back on the beach before you had a chance to fish them :ROFLMAO:
I was just looking at the map before I got to your post, and I was thinking it looks a bit interesting on the North side of the beach up at the point by the Promenade! It all looks a little rocky there offshore, but good luck whatever you decide! ??

I was just looking at the map before I got to your post, and I was thinking it looks a bit interesting on the North side of the beach up at the point by the Promenade! It all looks a little rocky there offshore, but good luck whatever you decide! ??

When I arrive the tide will be on the ebb and within three hours should be at it lowest. I should be able to have a butchers at the bottom. I will not be fishing too far out and having looked at the sonar for that bay there is an area just off shore that should be reasonable and then a rocky reef where the surf breaks, it is the same both ends. If I think the bottom is going to be a problem I will lure fish the tide down and then decide what to do from there id the bottom is rocky I will head up to SJdL and fish from the breakwater on the rising tide with bottom baits and float baits.
I agree the point does look interesting but I am sure it is rocky ground up to there... could be interesting for lure fishing though?
Got some nice sardines, whole prawns, small brown shrimps and excellent baby squid which will do nicely... some of those squid and prawns are destined for a sea food pasta dish on Friday night :ROFLMAO:

Yes I think I am going to cut it back to the two ledgering rods and my beach rod But will still take my lure rod with me too, there should be a few sea bass knock around now so I will chuck out a lure for an hour or two.

Well what a great day by the seaside... caught blot all though :ROFLMAO:

Arrived two hours before low tide and did a bit of lure fishing with no success had a bite to eat and the then the tide was flowing back in. Got my ledger rods out about 60m out and baited them with prawn, shrimps, squid and sardine and mixes of, all to no avail. The spot I was fishing had a sand bottom so no issues with snagging but I wonder of the rocky area may not be a better option as when I was lure fishing off it all the little pools were teaming with shrimps, small fish and small crabs. It could be that the fish prefer that food source? If I go back there I may try using a decent sized sea float and fish just off the bottom in the rocky area could be a way to go?
Have posted a photo taken at low water. The reef you can see is about 150m of shore I fished just into the area in the area in the front of the photo. The reef it self can be reached from the rocky south shore there was a guy out there in breast waders and a staff foraging on the reef he went out just before low water and returned as the tide started to rise you can see him in the centre of the photo. The tide rises about 4m and the reef is then out of sight but the surf breaks over it.
DSCN4151.JPG

At any rate I may explore the attributes of an other areas as there is no shortage of places along the coast. Another thing is choosing a tide that is high later in the day so fishing in lower light.

Another thing that may not have helped was that it was a lovely sunny day... which was great for me paddling around in that lovely warm Atlantic surf, the water temperature is nearly 19C at the moment. I just had my tee shirt , shorts and wore a pair of aqua shoes a la Decathlon. I actually got a wee bit too much sun on my legs stinging a wee bit this morning:ROFLMAO:
Here end'ith my what I did at the seaside essay:ROFLMAO:

Any way as the say dinnae think I am giving up you pesky fish.. I shall return:ROFLMAO:

Back