• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Petition against Super trawlers killing Dolphins as by catch.

Tournamag

Reaction score
London with "Night Mayor for London Kaiser Khan"

There is a gaining grounds movement against super trawlers that are raping our fisheries.

I have signed but I'm slightly concerned about question 10 in their FAQ section.

Well spill the Beans!
10. Do you think that dolphins are more important, from a welfare perspective, than fish?

No, we don’t. We recognise that, even ignoring the issue of bycatch, the global fishing industry catches between 1 and 3 trillion fish every year. Each one of these is a sentient animal whose welfare is compromised and whose life is ultimately ended because of humans’ desire to eat fish.

However, this is a connected but separate issue to cetaceans being killed as bycatch. Our focus on dolphins, porpoises and whales doesn’t diminish the welfare issues affecting other species; it is simply where we, as the World Cetacean Alliance, direct our efforts.

There you go Gary.

Trying to find out where to sign.
Cheers Bill.
Welcome to TSF Bill - stick a post up in the new Member thread otherwise you'll get that annoying banner! ??

I signed it a while ago, wasn't easy to find out where to sign though.
I was sure I signed it a while ago too, but it's just let me sign it again anyway! Shame a lot of these worthwhile petitions are on Change.org. They are swines for pestering folk with emails, even when you ask them not to.

I was sure I signed it a while ago too, but it's just let me sign it again anyway! Shame a lot of these worthwhile petitions are on Change.org. They are swines for pestering folk with emails, even when you ask them not to.

The main reason I never sign petitions. Apart from the fact that not a single one has ever changed anything.

I have signed, about time the UK Government banned all this.

Back