• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Plymouth Angling Centre.

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Happened to wander down the precinct corridor from Tescopoly earlier, and discovered that what was a motor accessories store is now a large new tackle shop.

1647973992580.png

Probably only of interest to us Devonians and a few from across the Tamar. I can't find a website for them but they are on Farcebook. Seem to be selling quite a bit of Akios gear. Didn't go in for a browse as I had WIfey with me and we were on a bit of a mission, but I shall check it out another day.

Yes Dave it was the tackle shop from Victoria rd , Tom and Tina great couple , nice big shop I have been in there
Shame they haven't got a website for those that don't do Facemuck. Have they closed Victoria road or is that still open too? I'll pop over on a solo mission sometime and have a browse. ??

Shame they haven't got a website for those that don't do Facemuck. Have they closed Victoria road or is that still open too? I'll pop over on a solo mission sometime and have a browse. ??
Victoria rd is shut , transit way is a bigger shop

Victoria rd is shut , transit way is a bigger shop
Thought that might be the case. The Victoria road shop is still there on Google street view! ???

I did see a review from a guy on Google who said he was put off going in Victoria road as there was a "grumpy Dog sat on the counter baring it's teeth & growling"! Haha! Owner replied and said it was his 3 year old Cockerpoo! ???

Thought that might be the case. The Victoria road shop is still there on Google street view! ???

I did see a review from a guy on Google who said he was put off going in Victoria road as there was a "grumpy Dog sat on the counter baring it's teeth & growling"! Haha! Owner replied and said it was his 3 year old Cockerpoo! ???
His dog is really friendly probably a grumpy angler ???

Was it PAC Victoria Rd that Quentin Millman used to work out of? Out the back in amongst the bait keeping facilities? Or have I got that totally wrong ?

Was it PAC Victoria Rd that Quentin Millman used to work out of? Out the back in amongst the bait keeping facilities? Or have I got that totally wrong ?
No idea TW - John might know?

Quentin used to work at the back of Clives Tackle and Bait on Exeter Street, near the sandeel tank and fridges for the worm and crab. Happy days having a laugh with Clive.

Quentin used to work at the back of Clives Tackle and Bait on Exeter Street, near the sandeel tank and fridges for the worm and crab. Happy days having a laugh with Clive.
Yes Clive was a nice guy , last time I seen him he was working in Tesco at higher compton, he said he still had his boat , mind you that was years ago

I thought he was down marshmills
He's not there in the unit any more John - I think the overheads got too expensive just before Covid, and the last I heard he was working from home. I did contact him about something (forget what) about 3 years ago, and I got the impression he wanted his home location kept a secret so was only accepting reels for repair via post.

Yes Clive was a nice guy , last time I seen him he was working in Tesco at higher compton, he said he still had his boat , mind you that was years ago
Just a gentleman with a wicked sense of humour. So many happy memories and hundreds of pounds spent in his awesome shop.

Just a gentleman with a wicked sense of humour. So many happy memories and hundreds of pounds spent in his awesome shop.
That was were I first bumped into larks, god that must be 15-20years ago , it was a buzzing shop , go in any time just about always had bait , happy days

Re Quinton Millman
Is he still doing Penn spares I've e mailed got no reply
And only other contact is po box

Re Quinton Millman
Is he still doing Penn spares I've e mailed got no reply
And only other contact is po box
His website is still up, and it lists a phone number - perhaps try giving him a call. 0172 603001.

Back