• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Princess Parade Hythe

Beach

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Has anyone fished the area lately, I used to go there a few years ago in the winter for cod etc.

Someone who fished there a few days ago reports plenty of dabs,

and whiting of course.

Assuming you mean Prince's Parade, Hythe, Kent.

I moved to the Isle of Wight so I wouldn't waste any more time there.

COD? no

Whiting, you're in with a chance, as long as you put bait on the hook.

Dog poo will do.
Yep that's the place Ian, I have caught cod there although was about 20years ago. Seems like most places on the Kent/Sussex coast the mega trawlers have ruined it for shore fisher folk. How is the Isle of Shite fishing these days?

Last year beach fishing on the IOW was absolutely atrocious.
There were 6 super trawlers working the Channel, some very close to the Island, for most of the year, on and off.
I am at a loss trying to understand the mentality, not just of government officials allowing this, but actually the trawler operators themselves.
The massive investment required to commission, run, crew and maintain these monsters is huge. Why they continue to destroy their own future income is beyond me.
Meanwhile the RSA market, which is possibly worth significantly more than the commercial sector, continues to suffer the effects and is dying on it's feet.
No wonder the whiting stocks are the healthiest, they have had their main predator removed from the food chain.
Yesterday I was talking to my local tackle shop dealer who is massively experienced in almost all aspects of seafishing, RSA and commercial.
He said something quite profound.
Imagine putting a net three miles long and five feet high on the ground in the New Forest. Then drawing it in and killing all of the wildlife caught by it.
Do that once and there would be an international outcry. It's happening daily in our seas.
I'm hoping that this year things will improve.
I moved to the IOW in April last year but have been a regular visitor for the best part of the last 30. I have always had excellent fishing here until I became a resident. I've recently bought a small boat to widen my scope for catching fish, based on the general decline in stocks from the beach.
Things can't get worse, I hope.

This time of year you should get plenty of dabs whiting dogfish to keep the tips going also a chance of a ray ... I was there this time last year and had the above...also the previous February much the same ...
Summer time more species ..
Cod gone .

Totally agree with you Ian ,I fish the fisbourne,to Saint Helens area, I've never known a year like last year for fishing,its been a waste of time, I've been talking to my local tackle shop & he agrees with me,so do a lot more anglers, something needs to be done about the big trawlers !!!!.where can I buy a anti ship missile system ??

Assuming you mean Prince's Parade, Hythe, Kent.

I moved to the Isle of Wight so I wouldn't waste any more time there.

COD? no

Whiting, you're in with a chance, as long as you put bait on the hook.

Dog poo will do.
Sandown with all the tourists and street folk? :(

I fish west parade quite often , have had dogfish , whiting and an odd pouting recently , looking forward to the summer species to start moving in .

Back