• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Quick session, after a short break.

Si-fly

Reaction score
After a few days away, I joined a mate mid session for a couple hours fishing on the hounds.

I'd bought a few worm on the way home, lovely big ones, so was full of hope as I'd found worm had out fished most baits on this mark this summer, and all my recent ones were on it with nothing on crab or prawn.

The conditions were lovely and out went the baits. My mate hadn't caught yet, but we were both hopeful.

He only had prawns, and I worm with a couple prawns, crab and squid in a flask as a last resort if I ran out of worm!

Nothing happened for an hour, then he had a couple of small hounds, then I think lost and had a third!... 6-10lb bracket.

What was going on, nothing for me ?

He was fishing a bit further out.... Maybe it was that?

I then had a rattle and landed a nice hard fighting strap around 9lb...blank saved.

He had another small hound!.... Time running out now, so I gave in and put out the 2 prawn I'd bought.

5 mins passed and I had a bit of slack on one rod... A minute or so later a rattle.

Another few inches of slack and a rattle again. I was sure a small strap was on so I wound down and felt weight.
Felt like a ray, which half way in became a hound ?
Kiting now left and right def a hound, and going back to box for T bar and scales saw that the other rod was now well down tide!.... I quickly struck, and this also had a heavy weight on.... A 2nd hound which must have taken the bait while fighting the first hound.

Weighing the 2 the first went 12.06, the 2nd 13.04...and that was it... Time to go.... They definitely did not want the worm tonight!..... Lesson learned.... You can't predict a bloody fish ??

I did shout over to my mate for a quick pic, but he also had a hound on, so just a quick snap of one, to get them back as quick as possible.

Cheers Si. IMG_20210909_233013~2_resize_9.jpg

Brilliant report & photo Si as always - well done on the Hounds. As you said, you can't always predict what they fancy going for at the time.

Nice hounds, great report. (y)

Ian.

Back