• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Ready to Go

Well,managed to get out.
I'm not one for reports, but here goes.
Got there in the estuary for 5.45, the tide had not turned yet so got a few limpets and mussels.
Got two rods with simple rig set up 2 hooks on each.
Put razor on lower hook and limpet on top hook and tried.
Thought i had one knock, but may have been the lead rolling.
Come 7 and the tide now starting to turn so fresh bait limpet on top hook and razor and mussel on lower ones.
Now i normally weave bait, whatever it is on and through hook a couple of times, i did this with one limpet but as they are tough i just hooked another two once through hook.
Had another tap but nothing then another, reeled in and only the double hooked limpet on and the single hooked limpets had gone.
No fish as an actual catch report but a one clawed crab caught, so i reckon it was not a blank.
Would have squashed him up for bait if i had been staying longer, packed up at 8

We had a chat about limpets on here a while ago.
Well as i do blank on occasions and it does not make me want to throw myself in the sea, next time i go i am trying mainly with limpets, i am going to put 3 on ach hook, see if they do catch.
Nothing to loose.

My last session was the Sept. before that 2019 and even I wouldn't try to claim a Crab as a blank saver. ?
I think you are being a bit 'shellfish'.... ????

Well as i do blank on occasions and it does not make me want to throw myself in the sea, next time i go i am trying mainly with limpets, i am going to put 3 on ach hook, see if they do catch.
Nothing to loose.
Good plan, you’ve got nothing to lose chap

Nothing to loose.
Are those slipper limpets or the normal conical type?

Slippers are good bait but the ordinary limpet is really only attractive to wrasse.
And crabs... ???

Are those slipper limpets or the normal conical type?

Slippers are good bait but the ordinary limpet is really only attractive to wrasse.
And crabs... ???

Slipper Limpets are harder to find, an invasive species, and banned as bait since 2015 according to British Sea fishing. ??

Back