• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Rig making components

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
So I have been looking at my rigs and they are a bit thin so decided to get some stuff together to make some up. Gets online and start looking... to be honest by the time you take into account the cost of p&p and the eye watering prices of some of the things I decided to have a browse on Ebay for ready made rigs. I do not use Ebay UK now because of the Brexit hurdles and most of France fish for carp so eventually I found a guy in Greece who has great feedback and his prices are incredibly fair. I bought 6 x running ledger, 6 x Dorade bottom fishing rigs and 10 x dorade/bass bottom fishing rigs total cost €24.40 inc p&p ! His sales pitch is he uses the same rigs so I expect these to be good since he is fishing for the same species. I know there is a feeling for British made stuff on here but have posted a link for those who DGAF :ROFLMAO:

So I have been looking at my rigs and they are a bit thin so decided to get some stuff together to make some up. Gets online and start looking... to be honest by the time you take into account the cost of p&p and the eye watering prices of some of the things I decided to have a browse on Ebay for ready made rigs. I do not use Ebay UK now because of the Brexit hurdles and most of France fish for carp so eventually I found a guy in Greece who has great feedback and his prices are incredibly fair. I bought 6 x running ledger, 6 x Dorade bottom fishing rigs and 10 x dorade/bass bottom fishing rigs total cost €24.40 inc p&p ! His sales pitch is he uses the same rigs so I expect these to be good since he is fishing for the same species. I know there is a feeling for British made stuff on here but have posted a link for those who DGAF :ROFLMAO:

His rigs look good

Good value rigs and made over here. Definitely worth a look with decent components.
Probably good stuff but a non EU country so no good to me unfortunately I have to add VAT and any import charges to that price so makes them at least 30% more?

use them as a basis for adapting yourself in future for your needs I suppose ... can make your own without any fancy kits n expensive bits though aswell ... box of swivels....beads €1/£1 and bulk spools of line of different strains ...€5 or €6 asso classic and you can make 100s of rigs mate .

That's eBay France but it looks like he is selling stuff on eBay UK if anyone interested.

Probably good stuff but a non EU country so no good to me unfortunately I have to add VAT and any import charges to that price so makes them at least 30% more?
Yep, but possibly the same applies to us with your French eBay link? !!

Yep, but possibly the same applies to us with your French eBay link? !!
I would think so. I used to buy a lot of stuff from the UK but have stopped because of the uncertainty of extra charges . My wife still gets a lot of her clothes and stuff from M&S and the likes but because they have hubs in EU countries the prices seen are what you pay and you are not going to be held to ransom by hidden charges. The problem I find for example with the fishing rig components on eBay Fr was that most of what was available was actually from the UK! So I had extra charges to pay straight away. Buying online from French tackle shops has been hard too, for example the sliding swivels to make a running ledger or pulley €4.50 plus p&p for three... I just bought 6 complete rigs for €7.50 inc p&p .

I would think so. I used to buy a lot of stuff from the UK but have stopped because of the uncertainty of extra charges . My wife still gets a lot of her clothes and stuff from M&S and the likes but because they have hubs in EU countries the prices seen are what you pay and you are not going to be held to ransom by hidden charges. The problem I find for example with the fishing rig components on eBay Fr was that most of what was available was actually from the UK! So I had extra charges to pay straight away. Buying online from French tackle shops has been hard too, for example the sliding swivels to make a running ledger or pulley €4.50 plus p&p for three... I just bought 6 complete rigs for €7.50 inc p&p .
Same applies to the old thread about AliExpress - I got stung for £13 charges & handling fees on a £27 pair of shoes so won't use them again.

Well my rigs arrived in good time! I have to say that they look very well made and the components look good quality. All the hooks are spade end and well mounted with really nice knots. I think I need to buy some Chinu hooks for some of the running ledger rigs. These are tied with Mustad Aberdeen hooks and I would like to have a couple with Chinu which are much more robust and I think are said to better for Bream.

Back