• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Rising fish

Thrasher

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Had an evening session down at the loch with a mate a fellow club member.

As we were setting up we could see troots heading and tailing, although not much evidence of a hatch.

Out on the water it looked like a sporadic buzzer hatch. Not many on the wing but a few shucks on the water. Yhere was the odd olive hatching producing heavy slashy rises with trout taking them.
We were both on sink tip lines and tried smaller imitative flies on which the mate had one on a bibio but most came to lures, blob, ally mccoist and black and orange nomad.
We started about five and were done just before eight so a nice wee evening session catching a few troots and putting the world to rights.

Agree, but we never got as far as dries or damps even.

We got becalmed on a few occassions and I hate fishing dries in a flat calm.
I'm weird, I like fishing dries in a flat calm. Either a klinkhammer fished totally static or a large detached body daddy nearly static but with a 2-3 inch "twitch" every so often. I guess it's the visual take that gets me excited.

Agree, but we never got as far as dries or damps even.

We got becalmed on a few occassions and I hate fishing dries in a flat calm.

I'm weird, I like fishing dries in a flat calm. Either a klinkhammer fished totally static or a large detached body daddy nearly static but with a 2-3 inch "twitch" every so often. I guess it's the visual take that gets me excited.
I find if you degrease the line..and put floatant on the fly..it improves the take rate.

The trout here are on tadpoles at the minute.

The above are the only two sentences I understand in the whole thread.

The trout here are on tadpoles at the minute.

The above are the only two sentences I understand in the whole thread.
Not sure it will be much of a worry on the IOW anyway Ian, rest easy.

Back