• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

River fishing in France

joe carp

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Nice barbel and excellent updated report (y) . It looks really nice in france there . Ive notice my local river changes alot in flow in the summer months compared to winter when all the weedbeds die off . The fish are harder to locate aswell .

Steve A

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Doesn't any one do sea fishing in France ?? 🎣
There is some great sea fishing on the Atlantic coast. Like the UK though, it is very localised and seasonal!

Brittany has plenty of bass, particularly for the boat anglers. Around La Rochelle and Arcachon you can add meagre (corvina in Spanish), they grow to hefty sizes!

If you live in these areas you have a chance, as a tourist you really need a guide. A guided boat trip works out expensive and I have been ripped off in the past (not just in France!)

Now I can catch big freshwater fish on my doorstep I am less inclined to go on sea angling adventures. Getting old as well! :eek:

As a quick edit, forget the Med for fishing! So frustrating and local knowledge is the only chance IMHO!

Wolf

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Thanks Steve A,my brother asked me about sea fishing in France ,as I didn't know I said I'd ask on the forum,thanks for your info I will pass it on.

Steve A

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I had my days exploration upriver. Very little flow in the river until the last hour and only the last swim produced a nice barbel and five "3' twitch" bites which failed to find a hook-hold. But it was worth the drive to find what will be some cracking swims on the right day.

You have probably seen enough barbel photos now, but here are some more photos of the river. I never tire of these river views, it's quite wonderful here!:love:

New swim 2.jpgNew swim.jpgSummer maybe 2.jpgSummer maybe.jpgBarbel flow.jpg

and a bream photo for a change.....you can tell it's late autumn!

bream 4lb.jpg