• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Advice Rod builder.

wingnut55

Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Thinking of buying a Zziplex Profile GT blank, rings, shrink tube etc etc, but would need to find a good rod builder in my area. Does anyone know of any local to me please, and what the rough cost would be. TIA

Ian.

Thinking of buying a Zziplex Profile GT blank, rings, shrink tube etc etc, but would need to find a good rod builder in my area. Does anyone know of any local to me please, and what the rough cost would be. TIA

Ian.

Ian.
The bearded rod builder his name is Pete he lives in gosport his work is class but he won't rush look him up on Facebook

Thanks guy's, have emailed him. Just waiting for him to get back to me with a quote. (y)

Ian.

Well after pricing up the blank, rings and all the rest of the bits and pieces, and the cost of the builder, worked out at about £600. Noticed Gerry's had a Roger Nowell built rod in stock, £480 delivered. Hence it will be here on Tuesday. :)

Ian.

Well after pricing up the blank, rings and all the rest of the bits and pieces, and the cost of the builder, worked out at about £600. Noticed Gerry's had a Roger Nowell built rod in stock, £480 delivered. Hence it will be here on Tuesday. :)

Ian.
Nice what reel will you put on that Ian fixed spool or multi

Hi Gary, never used a mangle in my life, so will probably be one of my STR Kuro's.

Ian.

Just taken delivery of my Zzippy Profile GT from Gerry's, first impressions it is excellently finished, very thin and very light.

Ian.

Seems like Zziplex Rods/Blanks are as rare as rocking horse sh11t at the moment, i like the Profile GT i bought from Gerry's, so i thought i would get a second one, matching pair and all that, "no chance", according to Gerry's and Summerlands, the two main Zzippy dealers, there is such a Carbon shortage at the moment that there is at least a 4 month wait. Well i knew VMO had a Profile GT blank in stock so ordered it today, along with rings, reel seat, shrink and whipping threads. The idea being to get Pete,(the bearded rod builder) to build it for me, begger me, his facebook page has vanished. Would you Adam n Eve it.

Ian.

Well i have emailed Pete (bearded rod builder) again, but as yet no response, and his Facebook page is still not there, very strange. :(

Ian.

Might end up building it myself the way things are going. :LOL:

Ian.

Go floundering in Poole harbour and drop it off at Gary allners on the way his only about 10 minutes from holes bay

Back