• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Rod holdall

Think over the years I have had most rod holdalls available they all have a problem in one way or the other nowdays I just Velcro strap two rods and a tripod together seems much easier pick up rods rucksack and bucket and I am gone fishing

You are joking now ! and i drink coffee;)
To live down South, you should have a china tea service and stick your little finger out when sipping tea. Also crusts cut off your cucumber sandwiches ;):ROFLMAO:

To live down South, you should have a china tea service and stick your little finger out when sipping tea. Also crusts cut off your cucumber sandwiches ;):ROFLMAO:
I get one of the servants to do all that once they have carried me down from the car park.
I dont usually start till after my tiffin.

Tbh, why really do you need the reels to stay on?

It takes literally seconds to put one against the rod and do the reel seat up.
I’m all for making life easier but carrying two rods with reels on plus tripod is less efficient imo than carrying the rods and tripod strapped together, with the reels in a rucksack or box that is a lot easier to carry on your back than in your hands.

Or so it seems to me ??‍♂️

Used to move swims back when I was coarse fishing..rods were transported with the terminal tackle and rigs still on them.. just fold up the rods.. into the holdall..job done.

Used to move swims back when I was coarse fishing..rods were transported with the terminal tackle and rigs still on them.. just fold up the rods.. into the holdall..job done.
Agreed but I would imagine the distances involved weren’t huge? Although some big lakes around, I know.

When estuary fishing i will quite often leave the rods in the tripod, pick everything up and move to a new location, but a tripod makes that possible in sea fishing, not something you’d have when coarse fishing.

But for simply parking up and walking to a mark, I don’t really see why the rods need to have the reels on?
It’s a lot less weight to balance without them and it’s not as if putting the reel on and threading the line through takes any great amount of time.

Depends on how good your eyesite (eyesight) is and what state your hands are in.If anything like mine it's not a 2 minute job.?
Well, each to their own. If there are physical difficulties then obviously anglers need to do whatever they have to in order to make their lives easier.
But I’d imagine the majority can screw reels to a rod and put the line through the rings.

Must admit I didn’t think of mobility issues so perhaps that’s something that affects the OP, I don’t know?

Agreed but I would imagine the distances involved weren’t huge? Although some big lakes around, I know.

When estuary fishing i will quite often leave the rods in the tripod, pick everything up and move to a new location, but a tripod makes that possible in sea fishing, not something you’d have when coarse fishing.

But for simply parking up and walking to a mark, I don’t really see why the rods need to have the reels on?
It’s a lot less weight to balance without them and it’s not as if putting the reel on and threading the line through takes any great amount of time.
I used to pack up the rods.... complete with rigs still on..and take them home like that and put them in the shed.

Mr Fish when I've got to wade into positoon I want everything rigged and ready, reel high and up out of the waves. Not a place to be attaching reels and threading rods

I used to pack up the rods.... complete with rigs still on..and take them home like that and put them in the shed.
Until recently I left the reels attached minus the rigs and velcroed the rods together with neoprene straps.I've just bought some single rod sleeves so I will leave the reels and rigs attached from now on.

Last edited:
Back