• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Review Rod holdall

Agreed but I would imagine the distances involved weren’t huge? Although some big lakes around, I know.

When estuary fishing i will quite often leave the rods in the tripod, pick everything up and move to a new location, but a tripod makes that possible in sea fishing, not something you’d have when coarse fishing.

But for simply parking up and walking to a mark, I don’t really see why the rods need to have the reels on?
It’s a lot less weight to balance without them and it’s not as if putting the reel on and threading the line through takes any great amount of time.
I thought you had rod rests with bleepers for course fishing, there again a stick of dynamite works as well ;)

I couldn't be doing with carrying Rods & Tripod about not in their sleeves/cases. I try to look after my gear and would worry about the rods getting scratched or damaged. Salt tripod has got it's own bag anyway, which straps to the Agility rod Quiver.

I couldn't be doing with carrying Rods & Tripod about not in their sleeves/cases. I try to look after my gear and would worry about the rods getting scratched or damaged. Salt tripod has got it's own bag anyway, which straps to the Agility rod Quiver.
It was more the ‘with reels on’ bit I found odd mate.

Mind you, not that I worry too much about scratches, they’re just tools to me.
Obviously new rods/reels I try and keep nice for as long as I can but I’m more interested in the eyes being in good nick and in the case of reels, the workings parts well maintained.

It was more the ‘with reels on’ bit I found odd mate.

Mind you, not that I worry too much about scratches, they’re just tools to me.
Obviously new rods/reels I try and keep nice for as long as I can but I’m more interested in the eyes being in good nick and in the case of reels, the workings parts well maintained.
And rods & reels are obviously going to be better protected in bags & cases respectively.

Yep! And I do that when they’re new, or new to me, then after a year of two that falls by the wayside ???
The Milbro glass beachcaster my old man bought me near 50 years ago is upstairs still in it's original bag now!

I never knew you could get velcro cable ties, thanks for the hint mate,it will help me & no. doubt some other forum members

I never knew you could get velcro cable ties, thanks for the hint mate,it will help me & no. doubt some other forum members
Also useful to put around your F/S reel spool to keep line in place.

Back