• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Rubbish

Anyone used the line recycling tube things? I've not seen one in these parts.

there's a bin for recycling line in the local tackle shop I admit usually just chop it into bits and put in home bin though

this year seemed worse than ever ..the amount of shit on the beaches was horrible .. the smell of disposable bbqs burning out was constant everytime I went near a beach or any open space .. hoping people can go on holiday abroad again soon lol
These disposable BBQ's are a dangerous nuisance. So many people have been burnt and/or injured by the idiots that think it's fine to just bury a red hot BBQ in the sand and leave it. It would be interesting to do a poll to see how many Anglers have taken one with them when fishing. Very few I guess. I never have and can't see a reason to. If I was to cook something on a beach whilst out fishing, I would take a portable gas stove & pan.

Last edited:
Some marks up here are unreal with shyte when the mackies are in!
Proper boils my pish??
Same with some places down here Dek - they get invaded by the foreigners taking undersized fish by the bin liner full to sell, are abusive to the locals, and leave the places in a right mess.

Colleague once told me he had to visit a family who weren’t sending their kids to school. When he arrived initially he thought the property had an earth floor. Turns out the kept a pet Sheep inside the house. Apparently they didn’t hoover the carpets. True. :eek:
Doesn't surpise me Seabob - I spent 3 years in one of my first jobs working for a furniture removal company, and I've seen some sights that would turn your stomach. People sometimes used to live in a total shite pit, and we've gone into houses to do a removal where they've got out of bed, had breakfast, got dressed and walked out the door leaving us to it. One job I remember, the family had a couple of small dogs, and when we went to pick up one of the kid's beds, there was dog shite all over the floor, where the dogs had been crawling underneath and doing their business.

Anyone used the line recycling tube things? I've not seen one in these parts.
I've not seen one anywhere either, but from the link you provided, there is only one in this area in a local tackle shop. And tackle shops are not a place I'm likely to go at the moment due to shielding from Covid.

I’ve sent the link to a couple of places based on our Lochs so they can consider if they’d want to get involved. I know it’s like a P in the ocean of rubbish out there, but feels like a positive thing to do. I’ll still be taking the black bin bags in my tackle bag when I go fishing. Don’t forget your disposable gloves- you never know....

These disposable BBQ's are a dangerous nuisance. So many people have been burnt and/or injured by the idiots that think it's fine to just bury a red hot BBQ in the sand and leave it. It would be interesting to do a poll to see how many Anglers have taken one with them when fishing. Very few I guess. I never have and can't see a reason to. If I was to cook something on a beach whilst out fishing, I would take a portable gas stove & pan.
I like the disposables for camping but never taken one fishing.

Tbh my attitude is I’m there to fish, not cook stuff and brew tea or coffee every hour.
I’ve noticed for some people that seems to all be part of a trip to the beach, but can’t be bothered personally!
Coffee goes with me in a flask and if I bother with food (I mostly don’t), it’s just a sarnie or pastie or something quick and easy.

Also living on the coast and in an area with a high tidal range, I target relatively short windows for fishing sessions, never do the 24-48 hour beach marathons like the south coast lot do.
Although even if I go to chesil I don’t take all the extra cooking stuff and a tent, can’t see the point of carrying the extra weight, just fish for however long I want then go home.

Not sure what that’s got to do with rubbish but you mentioned disposable barbecues lol

Back