• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Savage Gear sandeel V2

I'm a fan of SG as they sell good products that are not ridiculously priced. Features like the sizing, weighting, rattle and toothpick peg show they're developed by thinking anglers. These in the larger sizes will be getting a good swim this summer

That pearl white one would kill some bass!!! Rattles etc no need imo.

I've found rattles and added spinning blades make all the difference in our coloured local waters Cfish. We very rarely get clear water inshore here due to the 10m+ tidal range and thousands of acres of exposed sand (if we do its after prolonged E winds when there's rarely any bass to be had without going well offshore)

Decent improvements for a V2 imo. Looking forward to the weedless version and seeing if they'll stand up to wrasse tail nips.

Sure do, would be nice if they did a little one with an overall weight of around 10g

Sure do, would be nice if they did a little one with an overall weight of around 10g
I think the biggest issue with the original version was the combination of jig head and body was the overall weight, often too high for many rods.
Although not a problem when pollock fishing, the bass gear and wishing to fish light on many marks, lead it to be relegated to harsher conditions.

I think the biggest issue with the original version was the combination of jig head and body was the overall weight, often too high for many rods.
Although not a problem when pollock fishing, the bass gear and wishing to fish light on many marks, lead it to be relegated to harsher conditions.
The 10cm with the 7g head was the one I'\/e had most joy on especially this time of year

Back