• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Savage gear sandeels

Check the above out.Put Savage Gear Lures in their search area at top of page.

Nope there isn't but they are not weighted enough. You can use bubbles or bombarda but that limits the depth you can quickly fish too.. you can also take the hook out and mount them on a jig head but they lose a bit of their action
They did the redgills v8 evos likes savage gear with lead heads and they were killers,I used them but can't get them anymore! The commercial boys all got them when they say what I was catching!!!!

They did the redgills v8 evos likes savage gear with lead heads and they were killers,I used them but can't get them anymore! The commercial boys all got them when they say what I was catching!!!!
GAC have got some 7" 24 grm size. I used to weight the plain ones by sticking a barrel lead up them or lead wire wrapping the hook.

I have a load of Redgills from the 70's they range from 4" to 6" in size and various colours. I just use a barrel lead and swivel on the hook. Works for me for pollock and bass etc.

I have a load of Redgills from the 70's they range from 4" to 6" in size and various colours. I just use a barrel lead and swivel on the hook. Works for me for pollock and bass etc.
Try a 4inch one on a bombarda or bubble float!!!!!!!

Barrel lead or drilled bullet plus a swivel was my normal setup sometimes fished them paternoster style. Dug out some that must date back to the 70's gone a bit manky and leathery now. Old boy down in Devon gave me a tip that was to stick the blue back variety in with the washing and after a while they turn nearly white. You couldn't get white red gills then or I couldn't. Always fish them over mussel beds if you can find 'em he said. Seemed to work. Have to do a restock and get some of those Bombarda things.

Also 3 times the price ;)
Id be very surprised if Savage Gear as a company would up their prices by that much. The new SW Pencils haven’t increased in price compared to the last, the Gravity sticks aren’t huge money for a pack of 6 lures. To be honest, SG are one of the more affordable brands that make lures that catch.

Id be very surprised if Savage Gear as a company would up their prices by that much. The new SW Pencils haven’t increased in price compared to the last, the Gravity sticks aren’t huge money for a pack of 6 lures. To be honest, SG are one of the more affordable brands that make lures that catch.
It's a shame that their rods don't match good value for money though. I have a roadrunner rod and very expensive for what it is.

It's a shame that their rods don't match good value for money though. I have a roadrunner rod and very expensive for what it is.

I couldn’t comment on their rods as I’ve never held one let alone owned one but I do believe they have some very good bass lures in their range that won’t break the bank.

I couldn’t comment on their rods as I’ve never held one let alone owned one but I do believe they have some very good bass lures in their range that won’t break the bank.
According to Henry's blog there is a new SG rod on the way. Like their line thru sandeels and Seekers but not a lot of use in the last year.

According to Henry's blog there is a new SG rod on the way. Like their line thru sandeels and Seekers but not a lot of use in the last year.
I am sure tackle tart peeps will buy the new sg rod when it is on sale.

Back