• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Savage gear sandeels

According to Henry's blog there is a new SG rod on the way. Like their line thru sandeels and Seekers but not a lot of use in the last year.

I believe there is, they’ve just bought a new range out with one having the name ShoreGame geared towards the bass angler, caused a bit of a stir sharing its name with the well thought of HTO ShoreGame range.

I am sure tackle tart peeps will buy the new sg rod when it is on sale.

Could be worth looking at if someone like Henry has had any input in its build.
I’m staying away from another as already have far too many rods lure and bait.

I believe there is, they’ve just bought a new range out with one having the name ShoreGame geared towards the bass angler, caused a bit of a stir sharing its name with the well thought of HTO ShoreGame range.

Could be worth looking at if someone like Henry has had any input in its build.
I’m staying away from another as already have far too many rods lure and bait.
Is that a hugh ray Henry?

It's a shame that their rods don't match good value for money though. I have a roadrunner rod and very expensive for what it is.
I've a 10ft MPP Bait rod and it's a cracker. Before the majority of lure rods available became serious money people raved about the SG Bushwacker. Like all brands you've got to pick the best cherries from the bunch and of course find what suits you.

Last edited:
I've a 10ft MPP Bait rod and it's a cracker. Before the majority of lure rods available became serious money people raved about the SG Bushwacker. Like all brands you've got to pick the best cherries from the bunch and of course find what suits you.
Yep,mate of mine had the bushwhacker and was very happy with it,must be ten years ago.

They did the redgills v8 evos likes savage gear with lead heads and they were killers,I used them but can't get them anymore! The commercial boys all got them when they say what I was catching!!!!
You can also get them from the maker. Far better to buy British if they are actually made here than Chinese. Reasonable price as well..

You can also get them from the maker. Far better to buy British if they are actually made here than Chinese. Reasonable price as well..
Those are the ones!!! Absolutely deadly boat or shore!!!!!

The flying C is about the most reliable lure in my local estuary - it always has some colour to it even in a settled easterly with drought conditions. It catches sea trout too - and yes Mr Cfish, I am entitled to fish for them as I pay for an EA migratory rod licence as well as having spent 34 years voluntarily improving habitat and spawning redds for them (doesn't prevent the local nets wiping out the majority of them though - granddad rights my arris - I'm from viking stock but I don't expect to go to war on magic mushrooms and follow it up with a bit of raping and pilaging.....). I've been experimenting with adding spinner blades to SPs and jigs etc like these but it's a bit early yet for the bass here. A spinnerbait frame of sorts could be a good bet I'm thinking?

You might be interested to know that I worked on a salmon beat and actually protected them!!! Funny that I caught on worms and the paying peeps didn't, caught some naughty boys cos it takes one to know one,got threatened with drowning,there nightlines were a very clever setup?!!!!!!

Then we have many things in common Cfish. The poachers I deal with come armed with all sorts these days and they've got the very latest night vision and thermal imaging kit etc etc. There really is nothing remotely glamorous about it. They are professional thugs and it's organised crime with legal looking fronts like door to door wet fish vans, market stalls etc. It often seems like a loosing battle but we won't give up the fight.

The flying C is about the most reliable lure in my local estuary - it always has some colour to it even in a settled easterly with drought conditions. It catches sea trout too - and yes Mr Cfish, I am entitled to fish for them as I pay for an EA migratory rod licence as well as having spent 34 years voluntarily improving habitat and spawning redds for them (doesn't prevent the local nets wiping out the majority of them though - granddad rights my arris - I'm from viking stock but I don't expect to go to war on magic mushrooms and follow it up with a bit of raping and pilaging.....). I've been experimenting with adding spinner blades to SPs and jigs etc like these but it's a bit early yet for the bass here. A spinnerbait frame of sorts could be a good bet I'm thinking?
I had an American kit/box gi\/en to me. Different sized and coloured blades, frames and plastic skirts and shads and worms. I messed around with them for a bit, een trying the smallest ones with sub surface and surface (inerted) hp lures. they certainly kick out some \/ibes, some combos feeling like you were winding in a joey mackerel. Ga\/e up after a while because they cast so poorly, not before coming to the conclusion that they were great if you only had a little space to get a lure working. Wrasse lo\/ed them

Spinnerbaits are brilliant for pike and nearly totally weedless but pike will have a go at anything that moves. I have made up a batch of Flying C's and will give them a go when I get out. I like the idea of adding a spinner blade to the front end of some SP like a sandeel or even just a length of silicone tube suitably cut, lots of flash and vibration.

Then we have many things in common Cfish. The poachers I deal with come armed with all sorts these days and they've got the very latest night vision and thermal imaging kit etc etc. There really is nothing remotely glamorous about it. They are professional thugs and it's organised crime with legal looking fronts like door to door wet fish vans, market stalls etc. It often seems like a loosing battle but we won't give up the fight.
A lorry driver used to drop the fish off to restaurants in London,used to get silly money for a 10lb wild salmon! A close friend of mine years ago was very naughty but he wasn't violent actually did alot of fitness training,stupid twat hung himself.

I Know they're not "sandeels" however put them on a jig head or rig them weedless and they do a very convincing job of looking like one when you send them for a swim, lovely wriggling action.
1619744132698761279532478685123.jpg
16197441864441890998945106924200.jpg

Back