• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Savage Gear seeker lures...

hullcitytilidie

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I stocked up last year on the 28 and 32 white pearls and am very happy with them. When I saw the new Savage Gear Surf Seeker lures available in 40g, I thought that I might give them a go. Must say I am a bit disappointed in the finish, look positively dull compared to the older type 32, no ISP strike points ( despite what some adverts claim) just a quick flash at the rear with fluorescent paint makes it look cheap? They've even managed to paint over one of the eyes on one lure - not impressed. I'm impressed with the casting on the field, just not got the confidence in them to pack any for my next trip. Anyone used them to good effect?

Bought a couple but not tried them yet probably have to wait til next year. Finish is not quite so good and does that single hook supplied have to be quite so meaty? Will give them a swim in the local lake and see what the pike think of them. I still like the Line Thru Seekers.

They cast a long way I've got the Pearl 35gms had a Mackerel on it last week but noticed the single hook lost it's edge really quickly.
Pete
Wont be using the single hook supplied looks a bit crook to me plus if you use two split rings the hook hangs at a funny angle. The hooks supplied with their Line Thru sand eels would be better. I will give Eagle Claw 254s in a 3/0 or 4/0 a swim.

Not ordered any surf ones as they didn’t seem to be up to the same standard of design and colours as the seekers.
I’ll probably wait until next year to see if they improve on the design and colours.
I simply cannot understand why they didn’t upscale the Seekers as they’re undoubtedly the most successful lure in recent years, so versatile and fun to use.

I've got some but not used them as I keep breaking my rods with slips, trips, or falls, before I get to use them..doh..
I carry my rod by my side, butt first at the point of balance. Then if you trip you don't stab the tip into the ground. If you slip and fall, just drop the rod to the side so you don't take it with you and land on it. This system also minimises problems when carrying a made-up rod through trees or undergrowth. PH

Old thread but this is how I was taught to carry my fly rods as it's so easy to move the following tip up or down to avoid obstacles.

Savage Gear seeker lures are my go-to choice for predatory fishing excursions. Their lifelike design and erratic action never fail to entice even the most cautious of gamefish. Whether I'm targeting bass, pike, or muskie, these lures consistently deliver results. From their vibrant colors to their durable construction, Savage Gear has truly mastered the art of lure innovation.
Do they have those species in Mumbai..?

Just got some 42g for Lanzarote I'm hoping no not hoping I know they will work
Just need to change the hooks to a big 4/0 and better split rings

Back