• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Sea sickness

always start the stugeron the night before, and top up in the morning with another 2
best dropping em about teatime, then if you feel drowsy, jut fuck off to bed( and dont forget to set your alarm lol )

then a dry breakfast ( toast etc n a cup of tea, as opposed to coffee n oranjuice shit)

then do another 2 a few hrs before setting sail

im a commercially endorsed skipper ( 60mile limit) and ive spewed my ring on more than a few occasions, normally up on the bow away from the party of anglers on the deck of me old charter boat :)

normally bought on by the 4am finish drinking and 7am on the boat bollox

ps, if i am gunna spew, and not due to the above, its on those glassy calm days with a big rolling swell you hardly see, but feel!!

if its lumpy as fook, thats not an issue

did my skippers ticket on a passage from essex to hartlepool, ( 3 days) with a good 4-5 northeastley all the way, twatting the boat beam on all the way, was not the most pleasurable experience :), but hey ho, it led me to become commercially endorsed charter skip :)
Does the ground bait work after you throw up? ;):ROFLMAO:

In addition to the above.
No booze the night before or afloat.
A good night's sleep is essential.
A light breakfast.
Drink plenty of water.
Embrace the day, the more attention you pay to the fishing and all that entails leaves no time to even think about sea sickness.
I can second the above. Main thing is to keep busy & fish hard

Back