• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South West Seaton

bananas

Reaction score
Went along to Seaton last night, not many people there due to the cloudy sky's, so had a pick of where to settle.
Sea was calm and only a light breeze but felt quite humid, a few guys further up the beach was flinging feathers.
Got set up and rods in the water and a few mins later a rattle on a pop up rig, gave one the targets of the evening, a Grey Gurnard, then on the 2nd cast a couple of very tiny knocks, that had no weight on the retrieve, but hang on, what I thought was me fish strip was a tiny Whiting, not sure how he got the whole hook in his mouth!!.
Then was very quiet for the next hour, had a few flings with my feathers, but like everyone else, nowt was interested in them.
While feathering I noticed a bite on a close in rig, quick leg up the beach and another Grey Gurnard came out.
Not much else happened till it was dark bar getting snipped off a couple a times and landing two spiders, then my pop up rig gave a good bite and the standard Seaton Dogfish made his appearance.
That was it for the evening, nothing but crabs was interested in the bigger baits and only saw one tiny Mackerel come out.

See told you grey gurnard at Seaton bey the whitening thing Is interesting saw 2 come up on the boat Sunday good size too very late for them ??‍♀️Well done on your target couple more weeks the reds and tubs will turn up mate ?

Nice one Bob! A few different species for your efforts!

Back