• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Seen it all this evening!!!!

CoarseanglerSteve

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Walked along the prom this evening (the Gynn Wall in Blackpool), a few hours before hw, walking the dogs and meeting daughter as its father's day.

Came across a guy fishing, with 3 carp rods and bait runners, on a carp style rod pod, with the tips just poking over the wall, complete with bite alarms and bobbins!!!

I so wanted to tell him there aren't any carp in there mate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ! I didn't stay long enough to see if he was using a boilie, but he did have on carp style bombs and short hook lengths!!

Last edited:
Well that’s the bite alarms screwed… salt will corrode those right up! I wouldn’t have me nevilles anywhere near the sea! ??

Walked along the prom this evening (the Gynn Wall in Blackpool), a few hours before hw, walking the dogs and meeting daughter as its father's day.

Came across a guy fishing, with 3 carp rods and bait runners, on a carp style rod pod, with the tips just poking over the wall, complete with bite alarms and bobbins!!!

I so wanted to tell him there aren't any carp in there mate :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ! I didn't stay long enough to see if he was using a boil, but he did have on carp style bombs and short hook lengths!!
Did he come out of his bivvy ?

You know what!

I fished the other evening for 3hrs with two rods and wished i had some bells.

My legs were aching next day, and i put it down to standing looking for bite when f the bells were ringing i knew something was happening

Well that’s the bite alarms screwed… salt will corrode those right up! I wouldn’t have me nevilles anywhere near the sea! ??
The only bite alarm I've ever had is called Norman - he's an old wooden clothes peg with a spring & a shiny bell! ??

Probably some numpty carp “ angler” who decided to show the salt lads how to do it.
He wont last long , first spot of rain or breath of wind he will scuttle off .

Dave
Mate of mine used his carp gear etc four rods bells etc, trying to hair rig lugworm etc etc. I've pushed him into a simple running ledger,he catches now. Carp rods and reels are good but fancy rigs aren't! Bolt rigs are a running ledger but they don't run lol

Sadly I have seen the same at princesparade Hythe, bivvies included. All set up below the high tide line!!

Was he dressed in full camo, looking like he is ready to go to battle with a pond pig?

Carp rods would be more than up to the task, and from what I've read a lot of the carp lads are loading their reels with 30lb braid.

Back