• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Sheppy rig

Wolf

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Has anyone used the sheppy rig,Ive looked at pictures of it online,and can't work out what is stopping it tangling when casting, any ideas anyone ??

Has anyone used the sheppy rig,Ive looked at pictures of it online,and can't work out what is stopping it tangling when casting, any ideas anyone ??
No I haven't but there is a fella on you tube Rods angle uk who uses them a lot, I am sure he does a build video of them.

I tried it a few times a few years ago, I used 3 short pulley rigs, all had rig clips at the bottom so I clipped up all three hooks and no tangles.
It also serves the purpose that you can unclip one rig/section if the hook gets blunt and replace it instead of tying and new hook on.

Never heard of it until now, but a quick search reveals that Matt - Saltwater Angler has done a version of it. I'll have a watch later.

Thanx Craig &:trampster will look at video later
Mark Williams is a good guy, and his rig making videos from his garage are always a good watch!

Don't really see the point. First the less resistance malarky , under normal fishing conditions there is no real differece between that and a fixed pat excepting a hook fixed tight behind the lead. Fish really aren't bothered by resistance, In\/ariably when using a 3 hook fixed pat the bottom hook which theoretically has the most resistance , has the most fish, in my experience. the second point about increased mo\/ement I'd also question as a fish hooked on a flapper isn't pulling gently but is swimming wildly from side to side imparting plenty of mo\/ement to the other baits.
far more likely to tangle than a 3 hook flapper or a wessex rig

Back