• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Shimano Parts.

Trampster

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Had an enjoyable meet up with @John Mitchell last night! When I found out a few days ago he had injured his Shimano spinning reel, I decided to see if I could help, and after considerable research looking for Shimano parts, I have found an excellent company in France. They were fast to respond to my emails, their website is switchable to English, their prices are fairly good, and shipping for the items needed was 6.15 Euro! Worth a look if you are in need of any Shimano spares. They do a lot of fishing lures too.

In order to find the right parts for John, I also came across a Canadian site that has a whole host of parts lists & schematic diagrams:

I hope this is of use!

Funny you posted that schematic website, I've been on there this morning already and was amazed at what information they have on there.
They don't have some of the newest reel schematics on there but that's to be expected. Either way, it's an amazing goldmine of information about reels.

Just an update on John's reel parts and 6000 Leurres. I still hadn't seen any sight of them yesterday, and the order was placed on Saturday 10th, so I sent them an email.
The gist of the response was that whilst the parts are in stock, due to French Lockdowns, Covid, and any other possible excuse you can think of, they have not been dispatched yet but will probably be on their way by the middle of next week? ?? Typical French attitude - tomorrow or next week will do.

So my original recommendation for Shimano parts still stands, but don't order from them if you are in a hurry!

Just an update on John's reel parts and 6000 Leurres. I still hadn't seen any sight of them yesterday, and the order was placed on Saturday 10th, so I sent them an email.
The gist of the response was that whilst the parts are in stock, due to French Lockdowns, Covid, and any other possible excuse you can think of, they have not been dispatched yet but will probably be on their way by the middle of next week? ?? Typical French attitude - tomorrow or next week will do.

So my original recommendation for Shimano parts still stands, but don't order from them if you are in a hurry!
Don't you just like the Frenches, promise the earth until they have your money, then Spanish siesta comes to mind.

Don't you just like the Frenches, promise the earth until they have your money, then Spanish siesta comes to mind.
I don't know of anywhere else where they have 3 hours for lunch, usually with a bottle of wine each. The farmer local to us used to take all of his staff to the bar for lunch every day.

So it came to pass after a (very) long wait, Mr Postman arrived bearing a parcel from the far off land of the Frenchies.
Mr Dave unwrapped this parcel with much enthusiasm to examine the contents within.
"Ah, just what we wanted, parts for Mr John's Shimano reel".
Screwdrivers and a spanner were liberated from the toybox, and refurbishment commenced.
A short while later, the deed was complete and the finished reel was given a good wipe, with roll of the kitchen.
Mr Dave sat back and admired his handiwork, glad to be able to help his fishing mentor out!
There endeth the tale!

Johns Reel.jpg

So it came to pass after a (very) long wait, Mr Postman arrived bearing a parcel from the far off land of the Frenchies.
Mr Dave unwrapped this parcel with much enthusiasm to examine the contents within.
"Ah, just what we wanted, parts for Mr John's Shimano reel".
Screwdrivers and a spanner were liberated from the toybox, and refurbishment commenced.
A short while later, the deed was complete and the finished reel was given a good wipe, with roll of the kitchen.
Mr Dave sat back and admired his handiwork, glad to be able to help his fishing mentor out!
There endeth the tale!

View attachment 9078
Well done Dave look forward to meeting up and admire your handy work

The pleasure was mine - I do love a little project. Shame it took so long for the bleddy parts to arrive, but typical Frenchies - "C'est la vie"!

Well I finally got my reel fixed as good as new thanks to Dave , who had to deal with the French for the parts , thanks mate for all that hard work ( with the French that is )

Well I finally got my reel fixed as good as new thanks to Dave , who had to deal with the French for the parts , thanks mate for all that hard work ( with the French that is )
No problem John, Twas a pleasure to be of assistance! ????

Back