• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Shore rod

Wolf

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
I'm thinking of getting a pair of the sonic Vader X's shore road,13 foot.Anyone use one,advice would be helpful

Looks ok for the money. Could be on the stiff side as the cheaper rods often are. Are they your first casters??

I’ve used a pair of Sonik SKS black 13ft beachcasters I know they’re not the Vader’s, but they have a sliding reel seat and the blank is pretty good. My 12yr old has them now, he can get them to flex and cast a lead 50-60yrds and he only learnt to cast last week! The only gripe I had with them is the eyes were a bit flimsy, I ordered a pair and when they both arrived, both butt eyes were broken, but that was more down to the delivery guys I think. The replacement pair were ok. They need a decent rod bag as the sonik bags are like tissue paper. The Vader’s are the next one up in the line if I remember correctly. I can get a full curve on casting with a 5oz lead, with a multi, reel down I was able to stick a baited lead out 100yrds which was enough for me. Nice graphics and designs too. I used sonik rods for carp fishing for years, (sks black rods too) I snapped two whilst blasting 3.5oz leads over 120yrds. My boy has those now too, he is a bit of an animal with rods, (as am I to be honest!) yet they take his abuse.

No Ollie Ollie,I was thinking of using them as a backup pair
I was going to suggest that they would make a good back up pair once and if you out grew them!
I still have my first pair and use them for moody marks where climbing and risk of breaking fancy rods is present

I’ve used a pair of Sonik SKS black 13ft beachcasters I know they’re not the Vader’s, but they have a sliding reel seat and the blank is pretty good. My 12yr old has them now, he can get them to flex and cast a lead 50-60yrds and he only learnt to cast last week! The only gripe I had with them is the eyes were a bit flimsy, I ordered a pair and when they both arrived, both butt eyes were broken, but that was more down to the delivery guys I think. The replacement pair were ok. They need a decent rod bag as the sonik bags are like tissue paper. The Vader’s are the next one up in the line if I remember correctly. I can get a full curve on casting with a 5oz lead, with a multi, reel down I was able to stick a baited lead out 100yrds which was enough for me. Nice graphics and designs too. I used sonik rods for carp fishing for years, (sks black rods too) I snapped two whilst blasting 3.5oz leads over 120yrds. My boy has those now too, he is a bit of an animal with rods, (as am I to be honest!) yet they take his abuse.
Matt, the Vader's are the bottom of the range, entry level Soniks. ;)

Ian.

Back