• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales Short session last night.

Kevin3110

Reaction score
As the title says a short session with my little wingman last night, we took a handy pack of squid and 3 frozen crab for a few chucks.
1st cast with a double squid didn’t produce any interest whatsoever but the 2nd cast with crab nearly had the rod disappearing down the beach ?. It resulted in the little man pulling a lovely male hound out that went 6lb 5oz on the scales.

A 3rd cast was quiet before dark and cast no 4 bought a second hound of the night on our last crab.

01524980-8988-48E6-98F1-1D507B8F97DA.jpeg

We called it a night and as much as I’d have loved to fish on I didn’t want to pressure him into staying. We’d had a good 90min and Callum had enjoyed the session and that’s what these trips are all about him enjoying and getting into the fishing.

Little release clip of the bigger hound going back below......

youtube.com

6lb 5oz Smoothound going back.

youtube.com
youtube.com

With a return to school on the horizon we’ll have to sort our little sessions now for the weekends, really do enjoy these little sessions with him. ????

I had visions of you going headfirst into the sea again when I read that about the rod nearly going down the beach ???

Well done there lads? I think short sessions are the way to keep the next generation of anglers keen. I've seen some ruin it for their kids with too much expectation and overly long stints of blanking when conditions are not favourable.

Well done there lads? I think short sessions are the way to keep the next generation of anglers keen. I've seen some ruin it for their kids with too much expectation and overly long stints of blanking when conditions are not favourable.

I agree, I want him to get the enjoyment from his fishing as I do and did when I was a child. Fortunately we didn’t have some of the distractions they have now such as games consoles, phones etc so when I got dragged along for hours at a time there wasn’t much alternative unless I was playing football, cricket or whatever.
As much as I would have liked to have stayed ( reckon it was switching on too! ) these sessions are all his call and we fish for as long as he’s enjoying it.

I know with my lad it was the break to make some food or a brew with a stove or a kelly or a stick fire that gave impetus for longer sessions

Great fishing lads (y).

Cracking session, well done ?

Back