• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Should I go?

jambop

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
What are the opinions to this question.
The weather is fine and the sea state is good BUT I would be fishing basically from just after high water back to low and just an hour or two of slack water. I have a long drive and I don't know whether to go or not as I would prefer fishing up and then down.

I should be saying did you go lol
I was thinking about Thursday but the jury is still out the problem is down to the bloody curfew we are under. It is a two hundred mile round trip so naturally I want to make it worth while but the curfew sort of dictates things since I need leave very early in the morning and then come back leaving plenty of time to get back as I do not want a €350 fine.

I was thinking about Thursday but the jury is still out the problem is down to the bloody curfew we are under. It is a two hundred mile round trip so naturally I want to make it worth while but the curfew sort of dictates things since I need leave very early in the morning and then come back leaving plenty of time to get back as I do not want a €350 fine.
not worth chancing a fine imo

Decided to give it a miss and probably go
You're lucky you are allowed to travel 200 miles round trip to go fishing.
Could all end tonight el presidenti speaks and France is up shite creek with this COVID 19 Paris is already under some sort of lockdown and it could be extended. To be honest the French have made some pretty gaffs by not locking down and it looks like it is going to bite them on the arse. When Paris went into lockdown they were bailing out onto trains to escape the city.

Decided to give it a miss and probably go

Could all end tonight el presidenti speaks and France is up shite creek with this COVID 19 Paris is already under some sort of lockdown and it could be extended. To be honest the French have made some pretty gaffs by not locking down and it looks like it is going to bite them on the arse. When Paris went into lockdown they were bailing out onto trains to escape the city.
I was chatting to my mate earlier in France via Skype - he keeps an eye on our 'shack' when he is allowed to go there. He disappeared off Skype pretty quick as he said Macron was about to speak on TV. I'll have to give him another shout tomorrow to see what the score is in his area.

I was chatting to my mate earlier in France via Skype - he keeps an eye on our 'shack' when he is allowed to go there. He disappeared off Skype pretty quick as he said Macron was about to speak on TV. I'll have to give him another shout tomorrow to see what the score is in his area.

The gist is we are getting a form of lockdown, very limited travel for about a month so F' it I am out tomorrow at sparrow fart. I will be taking three rods to try lure, float and casting some bait. If I leave at 6 am I can fish from about 8am until 4.30 pm . So fish the tide down and then an hour or two back up;

The gist is we are getting a form of lockdown, very limited travel for about a month so F' it I am out tomorrow at sparrow fart. I will be taking three rods to try lure, float and casting some bait. If I leave at 6 am I can fish from about 8am until 4.30 pm . So fish the tide down and then an hour or two back up;
Hope you have a good un chap

Good luck. Plenty of ???! I don't blame you for making the best of it.
This Covid thing is a bar steward, and as well as the health issues, it has affected so many other things in people's daily lives.
We've not been able to get over to our shack in France since July 2019, so god knows what it's like over there, and Ron that I was speaking to on Skype had the cam belt break on his car just before Christmas, so he's stuck with no transport. His son is a good mechanic near us here in the UK, and has sourced another engine for it, but we can't get over there with a trailer to bring the car back. No ferries from here to Roscoff until the 21st of May, and that could face further postponements.

Good luck. Plenty of ???! I don't blame you for making the best of it.
This Covid thing is a bar steward, and as well as the health issues, it has affected so many other things in people's daily lives.
We've not been able to get over to our shack in France since July 2019, so god knows what it's like over there, and Ron that I was speaking to on Skype had the cam belt break on his car just before Christmas, so he's stuck with no transport. His son is a good mechanic near us here in the UK, and has sourced another engine for it, but we can't get over there with a trailer to bring the car back. No ferries from here to Roscoff until the 21st of May, and that could face further postponements.

Things just cannot get any worse... as long as you have your health thats the main worry. What ever happens I will enjoy my day out. The weather is not going to be as good as it has been but slightly duller weather, I think, is better for lure fishing. I Got some really nice mackerel and whole brown shrimps for bait so I might do ok with a float and a ledger rig. I could have had fresh sardines at cheap as chips prices for making up that paste bait but I could not be bothered with the lockdown coming.

Last edited:
Things just cannot get any worse... as long as you have your health thats the main worry. What ever happens I will enjoy my day out. The weather is not going to be as good as it has been but slightly duller weather, I think, is better for lure fishing. I Got some really nice mackerel and whole brown shrimps for bait so I might do ok with a float and a ledger rig. I could have had fresh sardines at cheap as chips prices for making up that paste bait but I could not be bothered with the lockdown coming.
"Really nice Mackerel" for bait? It's been so long since I've been able to get out & catch any, they would be going in my frying pan! ??

Back