• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Show us yer pike

Teeny weeny one from 2018, the last time I went pike fishing. Haven't visited the lake since, apart from for a pint (there is a pub near). Caught on an Abu Toby and a LRF rod.

IMG_7198.jpeg

Screenshot_20210304-201639.pngScreenshot_20210304-201920.pngScreenshot_20210304-201718.png

couple lumps there also this picture which we took as a joke to look like keeping it for tea ?my mate put it online nd jeez people took it seriously was being called all sorts of names haha
i know lot of people keep them to eat just not really done round these waters i was at lol
Screenshot_20210304-202038.png

Teeny weeny one from 2018, the last time I went pike fishing. Haven't visited the lake since, apart from for a pint (there is a pub near). Caught on an Abu Toby and a LRF rod.

View attachment 6541
Amazing camo on that one Mike

View attachment 6544View attachment 6546View attachment 6547

couple lumps there also this picture which we took as a joke to look like keeping it for tea ?my mate put it online nd jeez people took it seriously was being called all sorts of names haha
i know lot of people keep them to eat just not really done round these waters i was at lol
View attachment 6549
Some crackers there mate

must be a few more people with pics or perch ?? ...havnt had a big perch

View attachment 6544View attachment 6546View attachment 6547

View attachment 6549

Many years ago before I actually lived in France I was on holiday and we camped on a great site at Perigueuz on the river. Anyway there was an old French couple on the pitch next to us and he went out every morning on his boat live baiting for pike , zander and perch. One day he comes to me all excited telling me he had landed a nice pike of about 5kg. I was asking him about the fight it put up he said it gave an incredible fight him being on a small punt like boat wobbling about. Anyway I said so did you manage to get it back into the water safely? He looked at me as though I was mad and said put it back??? My wife has it in the fish kettle cooking it now! I said oh in Scotland we just return them to the river they don't taste good and they are boney... You lot know nothing he says it is all about how you cook them! :ROFLMAO:

Fast forward about ten years and we were on holiday in Beaune and went into a posh resto for dinner. Myself and my BIL had poached Brochet in a lemon sauce for our first course... it was divine old Rene was right it is how you cook it !

Last edited:
Many years ago before I actually lived in France I was on holiday and we camped on a great site at Perigueuz on the river. Anyway there was an old French couple on the pitch next to us and he went out every morning on his boat live baiting for pike , zander and perch. One day he comes to me all excited telling me he had landed a nice pike of about 5kg. I was asking him about the fight it put up he said it gave an incredible fight him being on a small punt like boat wobbling about. Anyway I said so did you manage to get it back into the water safely? He looked at me as though I was mad and said put it back??? My wife has it in the fish kettle cooking it now! I said oh in Scotland we just return them to the river they don't taste good and they are boney... You lot know nothing he says it is all about how you cook them! :ROFLMAO:

Fast forward about ten years and we were on holiday in Beaune and went into a posh resto for dinner. Myself and my BIL had poached Brochet in a lemon sauce for our first course... it was divine old Rene was right it is how you cook it !
yeah usually eaten in a lot of parts of the world haha just seems strange depending on the places you fish I guess ...
same with my grandad when he was with us he used to call me an idiot for not eating the pike and eels he loved them lol

I'm lead to believe that Perch are really tasty and everybody apart from us eats them.! Very popular with our American and Australian cousins.

Not been able to get ANY ?? fishing in for months.
Water ? water everywhere ?
Then too bloody cold ?.
Pandemic.
So, this coming week, I hope to get out.
But where to go????
My local River Nene???
Overfished and stock decimated by "so called Anglers" who catch and keep everything.
The canals are in a similar situation.
Lakes just about the same.
I'm not paying money to fish fisheries.
I would like to catch a ZANDER, but the river authority has culled them.
If I travel too far away from home ??, I will be breaking covid laws, not that many in my local area are taking any notice of current lockdown rules.
You should see the amount of shoppers at the retail park that I passed on Saturday afternoon on my way to work.
Oh what a dilemma

Caught a pike on a local reservoir at the weekend.
It took a jerk bait and went 13lb 3oz, first double, only caught a fish just under 5lb prior to this.
Hopefully I'll catch many more like some of your photos on this thread.
Cheers
IMG-20210604-WA0008.jpg

Caught a pike on a local reservoir at the weekend.
It took a jerk bait and went 13lb 3oz, first double, only caught a fish just under 5lb prior to this.
Hopefully I'll catch many more like some of your photos on this thread.
Cheers
View attachment 10169
That’s a cracking looking pike Bacon.

I bet that pulled back a bit compared to the 5 pounder!

Back