• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Silverdale

Redneck Dek

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Anyone know if it’s any good to fish there?
I tried having a look but it’s all well dated info.
Cheers?

Anyone know if it’s any good to fish there?
I tried having a look but it’s all well dated info.
Cheers?
The only Silverdale I know Dek is a golf course, it does have a water hazard though. ;)

The one at the top of that big bay in Lancashi....Lan....La.......the red rose county?

I have only ever visited Silverdale on the way through to Arnside, it looks as though it may be productive but probably only for Flatties or the odd Bass , for my money a few miles further to Arnside would be a more confident bet .

Dave

I have only ever visited Silverdale on the way through to Arnside, it looks as though it may be productive but probably only for Flatties or the odd Bass , for my money a few miles further to Arnside would be a more confident bet .

Dave
Thanks Dave?I was only asking as a friend has bought a place there right by the sea and said that we were welcome to use it.
Might have a weekend there later in the year?

Plenty of choice of golf balls as 2 holes over that mere.
17th is the most testing, 5 iron and hope the ball doesn't run back into the lake.o_O:unsure:

Hiya Dek,
As the Turd earl (excuse the irish accent ??) mentioned it's Flounders & the odd Bass or Sea Trout around that area of the bay.
The most consistent spot around that area is a few miles up the coast at Arnside.
Bait fishing with ragworm, maddies or crab will usually get you a few fish with some a goodish size (2-3lb) but i often lrf for them over low tide with a Carolina rig & isome worms or similar.
Speaking of tides- with most of the bay being very shallow the tide comes in at a fair old lick & at Arnside the tide only starts to come in 3 hours or so before high water but when it comes up the estuary it howls in, on the spring tides there's a proper tidal bore as the tide rushes in.
Rick?

Hiya Dek,
As the Turd earl (excuse the irish accent ??) mentioned it's Flounders & the odd Bass or Sea Trout around that area of the bay.
The most consistent spot around that area is a few miles up the coast at Arnside.
Bait fishing with ragworm, maddies or crab will usually get you a few fish with some a goodish size (2-3lb) but i often lrf for them over low tide with a Carolina rig & isome worms or similar.
Speaking of tides- with most of the bay being very shallow the tide comes in at a fair old lick & at Arnside the tide only starts to come in 3 hours or so before high water but when it comes up the estuary it howls in, on the spring tides there's a proper tidal bore as the tide rushes in.
Rick?
Thanks Rick,the little boss enjoys a bit of lrf so that might be the way to go?We should be able to go over sometime in the summer all being well.
Tight lines lad thanks?

Hiya Dek,
Rick?

By eck Rick,does your knowledge know no bounds.Or should that be Hounds. ?

Back