• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Skate fishing trip

what lead size would you people think 8-10-12 or more long tail ? normal soft wires - stiff wires ? from what i see the tide pull is going some pace .

picture grinner posted looked like u could hang a car off it and wouldn't break to me sound

what lead size would you people think 8-10-12 or more long tail ? normal soft wires - stiff wires ? from what i see the tide pull is going some pace .
Totally dependent on the tide. These fish are a couple of hundred feet down minimum but will come in shallow at night. They don`t feel any real change winter or summer, even their food is still there, dogfish, blackmouths, prawn and carrion. If doing a trip pick neaps as the Sound can throw up 8knts on a spring.

Totally dependent on the tide. These fish are a couple of hundred feet down minimum but will come in shallow at night. They don`t feel any real change winter or summer, even their food is still there, dogfish, blackmouths, prawn and carrion. If doing a trip pick neaps as the Sound can throw up 8knts on a spring.
thanks the gives me a good idea as to what to do

i have been looking at that
I recommend a head net..
Im one of those people who midges love and i seem to get bitten twice as much as anyone im with. Tried everything - that Avon stuff, Deet, anything that anyone has ever recommended - and nothing keeps them off.

Nah,too far to travel just to catch a few overgrown thornbacks! Now grouse,red deer and salmon is tempting!
If this weather gets much colder, be plenty of Common Skating to do down here Tommo! ???

Just as important as all your rigs and bait....midgy protection.

I heard "skin soft" spray by Avon, surprisingly, used to be a good repellent (contained citronella or summat) but I've also heard it's had it's formula changed since and doesn't work as well as it used to but that's just what I've heard and not tested it myself.

Back