• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Smash crab

Wolf

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Has anyone used the three spot smash crab from Glasgow angling ? I have been given two,unsure how to rig them , advice would be helpful.

Looks like it is already pre-rigged with a hook mate. Just tie on and cast out.

No way of writing it without sounding negative but to be honest there one of the last things I'd ever use to fish with lol
you got a target in mind?
Dont mind being corrected if people have caught on them but all iv heard are bad things about crab lures , and unless perhaps twitched along the bottom for flounder or possibly float fished for wrasse can't imagine them looking the part at all .

No way of writing it without sounding negative but to be honest there one of the last things I'd ever use to fish with lol
you got a target in mind?
Dont mind being corrected if people have caught on them but all iv heard are bad things about crab lures , and unless perhaps twitched along the bottom for flounder or possibly float fished for wrasse can't imagine them looking the part at all .
Crab lures are popular in Australia for bream, Americans use them for flounders. They probably won't work in open water cast out and retrieved like you would a more traditional lure but "jigged" hard in against structure like harbour walls they should work well.

Crab lures are popular in Australia for bream, Americans use them for flounders. They probably won't work in open water cast out and retrieved like you would a more traditional lure but "jigged" hard in against structure like harbour walls they should work well.
True yeah against walls could be good. I suppose they wouldn't make them if they didn't work at all lol !

I've caught bass on a cheap eBay bought rubber crab with upward pointing, weighted double hook. Caught bass on it down the face of the training wall in my local estuary. Those smashcrabs look to be far better made so I'm buying some to try

I've caught bass on a cheap eBay bought rubber crab with upward pointing, weighted double hook. Caught bass on it down the face of the training wall in my local estuary. Those smashcrabs look to be far better made so I'm buying some to try
They look \/ery much like swimming crab on the drop or mid water with a great action. I'd expect them to get nailed on rocky coasts with a head of swimming crab

Back