• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

North Wales So they do exist!

Andy 1965

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Since my first lure caught bass of 2022, caught in late March, the cold snap has taken its toll and apart from 1 small pollack with eyes bigger than it's belly ?,
Greedy pollack.jpg

The fish have been properly off the feed, leading to an impressive run of blanks on the lures :cry:.

Last night offered me the chance for a break from my struggles though, when I fished the latest club match.

Despite having some prime peeler, I still didn't see any signs of silver, but I did manage a couple of decent unicorn fish :oops:, enough for a tasty feed, along with a fantastically camouflaged flounder, to finish in third place (y).
Menai Cod 2 - March 15th 2022.jpg

Menai Cod & Flounder - March 15th 2022.jpg

With the return of some warmer weather this weekend, I was hoping that the lure fishing would finally kick off properly now, but with a return to Northerly or North Easterly winds from Tuesday onwards, who knows what will happen next ?.

Last edited:
Wrong angler lads…… it’s Andy who did the catching on this post not me ?
???. I’m blaming that Mitchell fellow!

Kevin, you’re rubbish for not catching anything! ??

Well done Andy, great catch! (Have you ever thought of changing your name to Kevin?)

So why did Kevin claim the prize from Andy ???? well done Andy for the cod and the flounder which looks like stones

Back