• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

So wots your biggest bass sorry minstrel ?

I've got a tractor in me barn ?
Haha! We found a combine harvester in ours in France when we bought the 'shack'. Luckily i had someone with me who spoke fluent French. We gave the farmer a shout and asked him to move it sometime in the future. He said he paid rent to keep it there. Not to me he hadn't! ??

My biggest striped bass from shore was around 15 pounds. This year I hooked up with one that was probably around 25 but at the last second the damn circle hook popped out. My biggest ever was from at boat and weighed in at 20 pounds. Those are good solid catches but not great over here my any stretch.

My biggest striped bass from shore was around 15 pounds. This year I hooked up with one that was probably around 25 but at the last second the damn circle hook popped out. My biggest ever was from at boat and weighed in at 20 pounds. Those are good solid catches but not great over here my any stretch.
How big do striped bass get mate

How big do striped bass get mate
The world record is 81 pounds I believe, caught in Connecticut but 40 to 50 pounds is fairly common. 50 would put you in an elite group not long ago but now it’s 60. I’ve never come close but I only began really fishing for them around 8 or 9 years ago. Many of those real big ones are caught by trolling though certainly not all. The previous world record was caught on a jetty in Atlantic City during a nor’easter. It was 78 pounds. Crazy to be on a jetty during that kind of weather but Stripers seem to love hunting in that rough water.

The world record is 81 pounds I believe, caught in Connecticut but 40 to 50 pounds is fairly common. 50 would put you in an elite group not long ago but now it’s 60. I’ve never come close but I only began really fishing for them around 8 or 9 years ago. Many of those real big ones are caught by trolling though certainly not all. The previous world record was caught on a jetty in Atlantic City during a nor’easter. It was 78 pounds. Crazy to be on a jetty during that kind of weather but Stripers seem to love hunting in that rough water.
That’s interesting so they get big compared to our bass ?our British record bass is 19 lb + a bigger one was caught off Bristol Channel last year but cause he released it the record never stood but have herd of bigger ones again lost and our bass orso like a bit of rough weather interesting stuff cheers jetty ?orso wot do you classa nor’easter as wind speed is wot ??

Back