• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Soft jellys

H
I have found the new savage gear jellys to be really good , with this rough weather we have been getting it’s stirred up the weed and these weedless jellys have worked for me , they cast reasonably good as well .
Ave you got a link, John? Or their full name?
Thanks..

You can get them from Veals , I got a lure box as they come with hooks etc , if you can look on Henry Gilbey blog you should find out how to rig them etc , they do rig up very easy as they have holes for the hook entry and a nice slot on top of the lure for the hook point to sit out of the way

is this what you got John?

Yes that’s what I got , I have had a couple of 50cm since I started using them , when the conditions have been to rough or to windy and weedy for surface etc , dirty squid and myself have had dozens of bass between us in the last few weeks just using jellys, so I am gaining in confidence with them now .

Out of stock at Veals. Seems a good buy for such a good selection. I've left my email for when they restock.

Edit : out of stock Glasgow Angling Centre as well.

Last edited:
Saw them in a catalogue recently look good!!

I think at £30 they are a good buy you get a lure box 20 odd jellys some hooks and weights and rattles, and I am catching fish with them sometimes, and also don’t forget the fbm
They would work out cheaper than the fbm if the wrasse were hungry???

They would work out cheaper than the fbm if the wrasse were hungry???
These are about 6” long so it would have to be a big wrasse to eat it , and if it’s that big then I like catching them , plenty more lures in the box , and in plymouth if we need just one specific colour we can get get the savage gear jellys and the nice big 6/0 hooks from seaview tackle shop he had loads last time I was there , so if I am right you only need to buy the kit once

A (shop put together) kit from criccieth tackle on eBay seems a decent buy at £25 and £2 post? Item 154197280303 box and contents all savage gear bits:
SAVAGE GEAR GRAVITY STICK KIT
Put together in the shop
This kit consists of 18 lures

PIN TAILS KHAKI / WAKASAGI / WHITE......... 2 OF EACH
PADDLE TAIL KHAKI / WAKASAGI /WHITE......... 2 OF EACH
PULSE TAIL KHAKI / WAKASAGI / WHITE ......... 2 OF EACH
2 X SV WEIGHTED WEEDLESS CORKSCREW 3GRAM HOOKS
3 X SV UN WEIGHTED WEEDLESS CORKSCREW HOOKS
3 X SV GLASS RATTLES
3 X SV 1.8 GRAM SPIKES
1 X SV NO11 LURE BOX

Plenty of single lures available on there for top ups too?

Back