• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Solent today

Ripple

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Boat
Been trying to get out all xmas but either my wife has been working or the weather has been rubbish so really pleased to get the chance to go out today. I have a list of friends that want to come out but obviously can't take them at the moment so very dependant on my wife's availability.

Left the Hamble mid morning and decided to head west for a change, we always seem to fish the Brambles/central solent and fancied a change, even though the tide was against us as we usually only go with the tide, I think this is a throw back to our sailing days as it really doesn't make that much difference in a motorboat.

We stopped at Lepe to fish the last of the flood and were catching fish from the off but nothing of note, small whiting, pout, dogs and one thornback of a few pound.

As the tide eased we headed further west, near west Lepe buoy and fished a couple of hours of the ebb, more small whiting and dogs and my wife caught a nice 2.5lb pout which is the largest I have seen for a few years.

A great day out with flat seas and sunshine for most of the day, only downside is my wife out fished me again!

Thanks for the report, sounds like a lovely day was had, well done.

Back