• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Sonik gravity X5HT 154

Surf Caster

Reaction score
Hi everybody
Has anyone bought or used this fishing rod ? i am thinking it may be my next rod, at 75 i want somthing a bit lighter, can anyone help

Chris

Sorry mate, I have never used one, but hope tha someone has , will be interesting to see what their thoughts are

thanks
I have been fishing with a Shimano Aero technium 4.5 mtr , but last week i was fishing for dover soles near the centre of Rotterdam when the line snapped and wound around the top eye and the top of the rod was in the water ,gone.
So i am looking for a new long rod which is light and a good caster , i saw this rod on internet and a review by a fishing tackle shop in eastbourne.
I seems to be what i am seeking , thanks for the reply, hope to hear from more of the members.
Regards chris

thanks
I have been fishing with a Shimano Aero technium 4.5 mtr , but last week i was fishing for dover soles near the centre of Rotterdam when the line snapped and wound around the top eye and the top of the rod was in the water ,gone.
So i am looking for a new long rod which is light and a good caster , i saw this rod on internet and a review by a fishing tackle shop in eastbourne.
I seems to be what i am seeking , thanks for the reply, hope to hear from more of the members.
Regards chris
That's a real disaster, hope you manage to find your perfect rod.

Cheers

Gavin

My mate weighed his for me. They weigh under 580g. He loves them.

He uses one of these and the older version in the Bristol channel around Clevedon and Weston. Both 15ft 4. Both the HT, but the older one isn't an X5 I believe. But he has bought a spare pair of these for when his current two have no spigot left, he got them from uttings for £260, very decent price.
I've seen him cast a fair way with them using an over head thump and see him land some decent fish. Including double figure rays and eels over mixed ground etc.

He doesn't use it like a British rod though and try to crank/haul the rays in, he brings them in slowly.

I have been tempted by one myself for the long continental option, I know @Tatunka joe has a pair and managed to snap one using a Brighton cast. But keep to otg and oht and it should be fine.

The x5HT’s are from what I’m told a very nice rod, a little over 15ft and reasonably light for their length they should put a lead out quite easily with little effort. A lad I know has one and loves it, his go to beach rod now when fishing light at distance.

Hi everybody
Has anyone bought or used this fishing rod ? i am thinking it may be my next rod, at 75 i want somthing a bit lighter, can anyone help

Chris
Hi have a look at the Italcannas ive the Dynamis FSH and OTG Both nice OTH is more powerful both light! there is another model or two similar they do.

Hi Surf Caster, I have one, they are light and pack a punch. The Rod is rated to 8ounce/ 226gram Casting weight.

Hi Surf Caster,If you want to see one in the flesh, I live near Aachen 10 minutes from the Dutch/German Grenze??

Back