• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Southbourne 11/09

Emmcee75

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Having seen a few reports of Sole in recent weeks from a few areas on the south coast I decided to have a bash for a sole at southbourne. Always the chance of other species at southbourne as well so headed there for an evening's fishing into the early hours.
Arriving with an hour or 2 of daylight left I was greeted to a busy beach with anglers in 2's and 3's in most groins. 20210911_200831.jpg
One groin midway between the bistro and the end of the promenade had beach goers in so gear on my back and hoped to get in that groin and after the walk down one angler was already at one end so I plotted up the other end. One rod with a 1 up, 1 down and the other a 2 hooked clipped. Baits were ragworm, frozen black lug and squid.
First cast and good rattle on the 1up, 1 down rig which resulted in a small plaice.20210911_193129.jpg
Baiting up that rod and the other rod was nodding which resulted in a schoolie bass. The next 2 casts resulted in another schoolie and a smut pup. It then slowed down for me but with the onset of dark and the flooding tide I thought that would improve my chances. It wasn't to be though or at least not as busy as I hoped it would be. I did finally manage a couple of sole both more or less the same size. Also had a couple more smuts and pouting, but target achieved so happy with that.

20210912_025614.jpg20210912_010404.jpg

Nice few Flatties for you there,.Southbourne seems to be producing looking at reports on Forums/Facebook sites in past week or so.
BTW what rods you using??.

Nice few Flatties for you there,.Southbourne seems to be producing looking at reports on Forums/Facebook sites in past week or so.
BTW what rods you using??.
They are custom built Harrison P2's

Nice rods,whereabouts you get them from??.
A bloke I know used to builds rods. He might be retired now though. If you go on the Harrison's website then I think they recommend rod builders. Depending on where you live will depend on who you'd go with I guess.

Back