• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

South Coast Swanage Pier, 13th June

cap'nhaddock

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Another quest for species and to road test the new Lidl reels. Breezy and hot, great conditions for getting sunburnt ears..

swanage 12 june.jpg

The 3000 size pulled in plenty of small fish, nothing to test the gears or drag but they seem perfectly adequate for the job.

Eight species caught: Ballan and Corkwing Wrasse, Sand Smelt, Pout, Pollack, Sand Eel, Dragonet and a new species for my list, a Rock Goby.

Loads of tiny Sand Eel with larger ones below, I hoped they were Launce but they were the Lesser variety.

The 5000 size pulled in the float rig perfectly well all day long but was not tested under load, not a Mackerel or Gar to be seen.

I had six Dragonets from the spot where Goateeblank can't ever catch one, I really must show him how it's done.

An odd thing so far in this species hunt is the lack of crabs, where are they? Normally at the venues I fish you can haul up dozens of the bait robbing pests in a session.

P.S. Jet skis are apparently fitted with high output audio systems banging out rap, WTF ?
As if they don't make enough noise without.

Try this method.
Running lead, single hook.
It's been fantastic in getting to know when you get a bite.
Worked for me ?

Nice one Cap'n. Think you may have got a day ahead of yourself in the thread title :)
Was the pier rammed with visitors, or was it bearable!

Nice one Cap'n. Think you may have got a day ahead of yourself in the thread title :)
Was the pier rammed with visitors, or was it bearable!

I was looking at my crystal ball, it will be just as bad tomorrow, I can't see how to edit it.
Try this method.
Running lead, single hook.
It's been fantastic in getting to know when you get a bite.
Worked for me ?
I use my version of a Wessex Rig, running ledger on bottom and paternoster above,

It was not crowded at all, the usual divers taking up car parking space, only a few fishing 'seriously' and several family groups introducing kids to fishing. Not a single 'Caught owt yet?' all day,

which was nice.

Nice report there Cap'n, well done on another good selection of fish(y)(y) and good to see the lidls reels lasted the session :ROFLMAO: .
As to the noisy sea bikes, they was out in force at Torquay yesterday as well, while I was trying to fish.

Nice report there Cap'n, well done on another good selection of fish(y)(y) and good to see the lidls reels lasted the session :ROFLMAO: .
As to the noisy sea bikes, they was out in force at Torquay yesterday as well, while I was trying to fish.
When are you coming up for a session there ?

Back