• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tan Y Bwlch Aberystwyth

Worse are the large deposits of weed which build up at the far south end and then get picked up by the incoming tide and carried along the beach in a northerly direction. The beach can look clean when you get there and then an hour or two into the new tide it suddenly becomes unfishable. Time to move.
That is exactly what happened, we got there about an hour up the tide and within an hour and half it was unfishable.

The experiment is more for finding out whether there is an alternative to catch but in a cleaner way so alot easier to take a bait on your travels where ever you go without the need for struggling to keep bait fresh or frozen when away, there is no doubt there is no contest when it comes to fresh sea baits, but I did not have to re bait once last night, all fish were caught on the original set up where as my son had to re bait everytime. Just be nice to carry a rod in the car with a few selected baits for the odd quick session.
It would be great if some one could figure out an easily storable bait that worked fairly well. One of the things that puts me off bait fishing is having to go & get fresh/live bait when the tackle shops are open, and then having the issues of storing it if a change in the weather means you don't actually go. I've been watching articles about using whole raw supermarket Prawns, but the Mrs knows I don't eat them, so I'd probably get the Spanish inquisition as to why they are in the Freezer! ??

It would be great if some one could figure out an easily storable bait that worked fairly well. One of the things that puts me off bait fishing is having to go & get fresh/live bait when the tackle shops are open, and then having the issues of storing it if a change in the weather means you don't actually go. I've been watching articles about using whole raw supermarket Prawns, but the Mrs knows I don't eat them, so I'd probably get the Spanish inquisition as to why they are in the Freezer! ??

In the freezer I keep upwards of 200 mack, a couple of 5Kg boxes of squid, frozen blacks, frozen peeler, frozen hermits, packs of 10 sandeels, Tesco or Booker raw frozen prawn and Morrisons frozen razors .............. it means I can go at any time and these days I rarely buy fresh or livebait, we seem to do just as well on the frozen stuff ............

In the freezer I keep upwards of 200 mack, a couple of 5Kg boxes of squid, frozen blacks, frozen peeler, frozen hermits, packs of 10 sandeels, Tesco or Booker raw frozen prawn and Morrisons frozen razors .............. it means I can go at any time and these days I rarely buy fresh or livebait, we seem to do just as well on the frozen stuff ............
Good plan Ian, but we don't have room for a separate bait freezer, and the kitchen food freezer is overfull & crying out for a defrost!

Back