• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

tench peaceful few hours

Had1

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
just a quick one only a tench around 5lbs but real happy with it due to where it was caught , used to fish it a lot and it has declined a lot for various reasons, which I wont go into, as I'm seeing this as a positive upturn for the place hopefully..
rumours of my local drains being empty of any life now so over last few weeks when driving past iv stopped for a look see and plenty little rudd showing...
looked like hardly anyone has fished there in a while grasses upto chest height and it's the only place thats given me hayfever this year !!
lovely out on the marsh saw herons ,egrets ,massive bats ... and on the ground foxes a snake and I think a stote? spelling ?

hopefully it's recovering ..had it just after dark over that boat lol old fish so not all of them died

20210613_200546.jpg20210624_234301.jpg

Screenshot_20210625-140950.png

Love tench fishing! Grew up near the Tiverton Canal, in Devon, which, at least back then, was full of them, up to 6-7lb.

That drain looks lovely and hope you get a few more. I haven't caught a tench for years now, but am sorely tempted to have another go if I can find a local venue.

Love tench fishing! Grew up near the Tiverton Canal, in Devon, which, at least back then, was full of them, up to 6-7lb.

That drain looks lovely and hope you get a few more. I haven't caught a tench for years now, but am sorely tempted to have another go if I can find a local venue.

cheers yeah love tenching too , unfortunately had to fish a bit heavier than usual as spotted a couple carp so kind of went cautious in case hooked one but still gave a good fight

love tivvy canal and probably the only place that could get me back coarse fishing. Still some good tench there if you get onto a quiet section.

love tivvy canal and probably the only place that could get me back coarse fishing. Still some good tench there if you get onto a quiet section.
Indeed! I was on holiday down there last week and had a couple walks along it with the dogs. Also met a few friends who are still involved in the local club (I was Treasurer for many years).

Know there are still some nice tench but all the lily pads have gone and water soldier is a big problem now. When i was growing up there were marginal lily pads the whole length, including the Tiverton basin near where i lived.

Back