• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

The AT Tuna announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was nicely on topic until the god squad jumped in to ruffle feathers and preach.
If you referring to me, please remove that!

I am asking how killing a species of fish when many anglers are against this tuna tagging programme and obviously "some" anglers are targeting them is good for conservation of the species.

By the way i was totally against the bass regulations due to all the false information being used to bring it in force.

Hmmm, if the last 4 years are an indicator, then off the English Riviera coastline it seems that there are more Tuna than sharks, and it has meant that our shark gear has had to be beefed a little up due to by-catches.
However, everybody is entitlied to their own opinion, but please don't ram it down my throat.

Most of the shark fishermen are seasoned in big fish anglers and understand how to handle them with care. On my boat NO sharks or Tuna are ever boated, they are allowed to carefully recover and released at the side of the boat. We generally fish for big porbeagles, and the first run from a big porgie or a medium sized BFT is quite similar to begin with, but soon becomes quite obvious exactly what specie has been hooked, and then the necessary action to bring the fight to the boat quickly is taken.

We don't target BFT, they seem to target our baits due to the high competition within the quite large shoals, and they dont seem listen when I politely ask them to go away ?
So do you move locations when you know you are near tuna?

Do you take photo's or have you ever taken a photo of a tuna caught?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back