• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tonight

Mike hemming

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Shore
Do you think it's worth fishing tonight's tide in this weather ,hove is my target, low water 9.15pm'ish high water 3AM 'ish

Do you think it's worth fishing tonight's tide in this weather ,hove is my target, low water 9.15pm'ish high water 3AM 'ish
Windguru giving out sw steady 15 to 23mph with gusts to about 37mph with showers personally I wouldn't be fishing but I do like to be comfortable and weed is anyone's guess good luck if you go.
Pete

I love rough weather for fishing ,so apart from being lumpy , tonight the moon will set 19:15 ish, and air pressure is going up, but still to low, tomorrow it moves more, to 1010 roughly which is better.

so if it was me, I would fish tomorrow.

Just my personal preference, but unless you try you won't know

Tight lines Mike

I love rough weather for fishing ,so apart from being lumpy , tonight the moon will set 19:15 ish, and air pressure is going up, but still to low, tomorrow it moves more, to 1010 roughly which is better.

so if it was me, I would fish tomorrow.

Just my personal preference, but unless you try you won't know

Tight lines Mike
Can't fish tomorrow due to work commitments so tonight only chance iv got and iv got some rather nice fresh black lug which would be criminally wrong to freeze, best I go up a rung or two and take more a powerful rods and use 6oz leads ,oooo decisions decisions

Can't fish tomorrow due to work commitments so tonight only chance iv got and iv got some rather nice fresh black lug which would be criminally wrong to freeze, best I go up a rung or two and take more a powerful rods and use 6oz leads ,oooo decisions decisions
Tight lines and you never know what you might catch. It's just started to move and on 1000 , so it's got to start producing , I preferr 1014 to 1020.

Where do you look for air pressures mste ??
Apple phone on its weather reports on location give the air pressure , or biometric pressure also on this page image.jpeg

I use this, as it had a lot of info in one page. I can then at a glance see what I can line up and see what's coming to tie in a session .

Last edited:
Apple phone on its weather reports on location give the air pressure , or biometric pressure also on this page View attachment 557

I use this, as it had a lot of info in one page. I can then at a glance see what I can line up and see what's coming to tie in a session .
And do you think it makes much of a difference mate and if so wot sort of numbers whould you be looking at for a really good sesh ??

And do you think it makes much of a difference mate and if so wot sort of numbers whould you be looking at for a really good sesh ??
I think a lot has to do with confidence and what you notice when you had s good session or blanked.

I find that if the biometric pressure drops below the 1000, it's fish less, if it goes the other way 1030, again it's dead, but I try to look for 1018, on my records of big fish that was the pressure give or take a few bars that I caught on.

Not saying it's the only thing I look at, from the moon to the tides , wether they building or not. I have done well on trends that should not have caught really but that 1014 to 1020 is the best ,

But if you look at the graph at the bottom, I look at the pressure how it goes up or down , if it has a sudden drop say 1025 and start falling and the forcast shows it slowing at 1003 that will tell me when it's best to fish on the drop or reverse.

Many people don't believe it affects fishing , but Monday again showed , the morning was great fishing, but couldn't go, but the pressure dropped so fast while I was fishing from 1010 down to 987 in the evening , I knew it was a blank, and it was badly with others also blanking.

Sorry for the long reply wacker

Sorry also I find the bass love huge drop in pressure, so that's why I use it more, other fish seem to feed better when it's stable at 1020 ish.

Just my thoughts and what I have observed in my records, there are so many post debunking pressure but I will stand by it as one of the many factors

Where do you look for air pressures mste ??
Tides4fishing is a good site full of info Tats - I'll put a link below, but mine is set to Plymouth, so you may have to change the location. You'll be able to get a general idea anyway.

Tides4fishing is a good site full of info Tats - I'll put a link below, but mine is set to Plymouth, so you may have to change the location. You'll be able to get a general idea anyway.
Just be careful to check the tide times it gives are actually correct. Been caught out a couple of times by that site, won’t use it now

Just be careful to check the tide times it gives are actually correct. Been caught out a couple of times by that site, won’t use it now
Buy a local tidebook. We've got bad weather in the next couple of days,see if I am right and I've not seen the weather forecast! I can see Plymouth from here and that means incoming!!!

Buy a local tidebook. We've got bad weather in the next couple of days,see if I am right and I've not seen the weather forecast! I can see Plymouth from here and that means incoming!!!
Yep, there are rumours of a fishing meet-up tomorrow, not heard owt official yet, but if it's blowing a gale or doing the Cats & Dogs thing, I'll be staying put at home.

Not found them wrong yet, plus I always cross-reference tides with QHM Plymouth site.

@Cfish - Long story & rushing around like a lunatic here - I've jsut had to phone Quentin Wilson, the fishing reel repair guy. Don't come up to Plymouth to see him. He has had to close the industrial unit down and is working from home, no visitors, strictly mail order only. His phone number (01752 603001) is OK and working, cos I've just had a chat with him! That bleddy Michell reel I bought from Jim's in Redruth via eBay has got the drag washer clip & some washers missing and if I send it back, they haven't got another to replace it with. Realised that Quentin is a Mitchell dealer & he's gonna try sort it for me. Abu, Mitchell, Penn, all part of the same company, PureFishing.com.

Back