• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Tonight

Buy a local tidebook. We've got bad weather in the next couple of days,see if I am right and I've not seen the weather forecast! I can see Plymouth from here and that means incoming!!!
I usually do but left it too late this year and now there’s none left ☹️

Not found them wrong yet, plus I always cross-reference tides with QHM Plymouth site.
It might have been a one off, but they got guernsey tides wrong by about 90 minutes on two occasions.
One was just annoying as I couldn’t reach the bait beds.
Another could have been dangerous as I thought I was fishing around low when in fact it was over an hour into the flood and I was in danger of being cut off.

Only used them as it was the only site I could load on my phone at the time.

Most likely just a glitch but I’m not trusting them a third time!

Tidetimes.org has always been accurate for me

I've had a few occasions where "high" tides didn't happen. Strong winds blowing from the shore out to sea appeared to prevent the tide coming in.

Do you think it's worth fishing tonight's tide in this weather ,hove is my target, low water 9.15pm'ish high water 3AM 'ish

How did you get on last night Mike

Buy a local tidebook. We've got bad weather in the next couple of days,see if I am right and I've not seen the weather forecast! I can see Plymouth from here and that means incoming!!!

I always get my tide info from here ............. never wrong ;)

Saturday->monday/tuesday
Ah, well whatever is planned, that gives me another 24hrs grace. New reel here - gotta throw 300+m line at it and sort out some rigs. Oh. and some bait might help, but not until I know wasson!

Incidentally, new reel came with Alloy & composite spools, same line capacity, which is best? Alloy one seems really heavy.

Saw two tuna! 500yrds from the shore someone has got to catch a tuna from the shore soon!!!!
Hahaha! Accidentally "catching one" whilst allegedly targetting Shark is one thing. Having the Cahoonas to break the law & land one illegally is another. And the Spanish, French, & Belgian boats can legally scoop them up & take 'em home. Don't start me off on that one!

Update on new reel: Line purchased - spooling tomorrow! Ebay seller has found another reel so is sending replacements for missing Drag bits. Emailed EU Mitchell HQ - awaiting reply. Mr Local Reel repair Guru turns out to be a Mitchell parts dealer so he is on the case too! The fishing garden is starting to look Rosy!! (y) (y)

Nice mate, that's it now , on track to catch a big bag of fish .
Update on new reel: Line purchased - spooling tomorrow! Ebay seller has found another reel so is sending replacements for missing Drag bits. Emailed EU Mitchell HQ - awaiting reply. Mr Local Reel repair Guru turns out to be a Mitchell parts dealer so he is on the case too! The fishing garden is starting to look Rosy!! (y) (y)

Ah, well whatever is planned, that gives me another 24hrs grace. New reel here - gotta throw 300+m line at it and sort out some rigs. Oh. and some bait might help, but not until I know wasson!

Incidentally, new reel came with Alloy & composite spools, same line capacity, which is best? Alloy one seems really heavy.
Alloy for braid
Composite for mono.

Alloy for braid
Composite for mono.
Thanks Warby! I know there is usually one spool shallower than the other for Braid (which I don't use) but these are the same depth & the same capacity. Composite it will be. ??

Thanks Warby! I know there is usually one spool shallower than the other for Braid (which I don't use) but these are the same depth & the same capacity. Composite it will be. ??
Have you or do you ever use multi, I know Heath wise maybe not at the moment

Have you or do you ever use multi, I know Heath wise maybe not at the moment
I assume you mean a multiplier reel Lord Muki? The answer is no - not for shore fishing. I've got a lovely little USA baitcasting reel that I acquired, and I tried it on a Lure Rod, but got a Bird's nest every other cast. I'm the same with Multipliers - just no good with them. I've got 2 small ones with level wind which I have used for boat fishing, and one without that I inherited from my Father, and it resembles the winch on the front of a boat trailer - it must be about 5" in diameter! Same with Braid - just can't get on with it. I spooled my last new reel up with 25Lb Braid, and I was getting wind knots every other cast halfway between the Rod tip & end tackle. Tried all sorts of remedies, but no change, so back to Mono.

I assume you mean a multiplier reel Lord Muki? The answer is no - not for shore fishing. I've got a lovely little USA baitcasting reel that I acquired, and I tried it on a Lure Rod, but got a Bird's nest every other cast. I'm the same with Multipliers - just no good with them. I've got 2 small ones with level wind which I have used for boat fishing, and one without that I inherited from my Father, and it resembles the winch on the front of a boat trailer - it must be about 5" in diameter! Same with Braid - just can't get on with it. I spooled my last new reel up with 25Lb Braid, and I was getting wind knots every other cast halfway between the Rod tip & end tackle. Tried all sorts of remedies, but no change, so back to Mono.
Yes that's what I meant mate, I know they are hard at times and is an art to get them flying.

Wow that is some collection though, really nice

Back