• Becoming a member is completely free!

• Join the community and start contributing to a large source of sea angling information.
    • Become an active member and you can enter member exclusive competitions.

REGISTER FOR FREE HERE

Trip to Loch Fyne: 30th Oct - 6th Nov - Species to aim for?

princejammy

Reaction score
Favourite Fishing
Lure
Hi there,

Heading for a holiday on the west coast of Argyl and Bute. Fairly new to lure fishing and just wondering which would be the best species to aim and a couple of good lures for the late autumn sea fishing. There is some rocky shores and a pier close by, also have the option of a boat but want to keep it fairly simple.

Looks like whiting and flounder might be some good options but let me know if you have any ideas or tips, they will be much appreciated!

Cheers,

W

Welcome to the forum mate ?,I would be tempted to work a lure around the rocks if possible.

Where abouts on Loch Fyne will you be based mate, it's a big chunk of water.

Ah OK, I know the Tarbert side better. You should get coalies, pollock, maybe a few late mackerel. Years ago you used to get plaice over that side but I'm not sure if that's still the case.

Ah OK, I know the Tarbert side better. You should get coalies, pollock, maybe a few late mackerel. Years ago you used to get plaice over that side but I'm not sure if that's still the case.
Brilliant thanks for the info.

I'll have a look into coalies/pollack and have a crack!

Back